Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

How to get rid of Ghosts?

Article about: Sorry that I found this blog a little late.I bought a suitcase that contained some WW 2 items from a estate sale last spring.Inside I found 6 gold teeth.While looking through the suitcase I

?

Default Re: How to get rid of Ghosts?

We did 2 weeks guard duty at Victoria Barracks in paddington Sydney. It is the oldest continualy used Military base in Australia, there has been a garrison there since 1788. Lots of stuff happened, we would walk along the corridor of the main building and check each door was locked. I would then turn around and check them again, and every single one was unlocked. Also where the guard sleeping quaters were was a converted stable, and Soldiers would stay there on their last night in Sydney before being shipped overseas in years past. The TV room had a blocked up door and the tele was in front of that. This door led straight onto the main parade ground. One Sturday night we decided to hit the town, as you do, but one of the boys stayed back to watch tele. We all left and had a good few hours in the city. We got back to the quters at about 2 am, to find this poor bugger sitting in the same seat in front of the turned off tele with ALL the lights on. We asked him what was up and he said that a few minuted after we left he heard the door behind him open and footsteps, he thought it was one of us, but when he turned around, standing behnd him was a full figure, dressed in WW2 batledress, pack, rifle and slouch hat, the figure then walked thru the couch, thru the tele and out the blocked up door and disappeared as it got to the parade ground. It was also summer, and the nights were very warm and humid, sometime stiill 30 odd degrees celcius at midnight, but there was one particular part where we would walk, and all of a sudden the temp dropped and it was so cold you could see your breath, you take one step back or forward and it was hot again. Lots of stuff happens there, reading the Guard Commanders reports from over the years, they got to the point where it would just say "0345 Ghost on parade ground" or "Nothing to report, Ghost was back in corridor, said G'day and moved on"....

I have an open mind........I know a collector who bought a ground dug Para helmet shell and he sold it months later. He got bad karma off it, that he could not explain. Sleepless nights, disturbed sleep....he just could not settle and blamed this helmet. When you walk into a church or graveyard you get a feeling of peace. Have you men ever walked into a dodgy Pub/bar and felt you were not welcome? you just get that feeling. Even in the company of a certain boss or person you get the "vibe" you are not liked or welcome. I have a very varied collection. Some of my badges were probably passed down by living veterans. I do have some items that are battle damaged and ground dug and other items that were sent home to German families from the eastern Front. Having a ground dug battle damaged helmet as an example will tell you the person wearing it and the others around him had their final moments of fear,dread,pain and despair. My point is, I get the same "vibe" handling these items. To own a standard minty German helmet and wondering its history to actually owning a dug battledamaged relic that you know has laid witness to the history.

As for you other items....SA daggers, black wound badges ect I think some peoples imaginations just run riot. I have collected since I was 8 years old(30 years). We are all brothers and a rare breed off men. I have been misunderstood for collecting these items by my parents,friends, wife ect. Some people find it fasinating and others find it weird.Is a man born a collector? what triggers the interest that lasts a lifetime? My wife is surprised the differents nationalities,walks of life, careers,personalities of the people who collect these items. My wife thinks we are all eccentric and if we see ghosts thats all part off it. We all watch "saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers" wide eyed studying the uniforms and the battles undisturbed. I for one love dragging my wife around military fairs standing for hours looking at militaria.

We are all mad but we understand each other and how inportant our hobby is. No one is as passionate as us when it comes to militaria or puts the time in to enjoy it. The vast majority off my items give me a buzz when I walk into my room. Going to a fair and coming back with a new item gives me a bigger buzz.....even though your wife goes crazy when you tell her the price of the item!

Regards

Mike

Quote by Top Buzzer View Post
    Have you men ever walked into a dodgy Pub/bar and felt you were not welcome? you just get that feeling.
    Yes, but that feeling is backed up by the pint glass ricocheting off your head and the words 'GET OUTTA HERE TOWNIE !!!' that follow it.

Quote by Top Buzzer View Post
    Even in the company of a certain boss or person you get the "vibe" you are not liked or welcome.
    And that's due to the fact that you know who he's having an affair with, he knows you know and has to try and be nice to you even though you just cost him a squillion quid in lost contracts.

See.....everything has perfectly reasonable scientific explanation.....

Steve T

I think we should all go on a ghost hunt

Quote by Whitehunter View Post
    Now THAT is an idea !

Sod all this talk, let's organise a night in an old control tower somewhere. Get the TV and local press involved and take a shed load of recording and video equipment with us.

I'm in......who else ?

Steve T

I like your ideas on ghost hunting. I wish I was closer. Maybe I will get to join you all some day. Imagine recording voices in a control tower of bombers coming back from a mission. I don't believe this would happen, but I am open-minded and just getting together with fellow militaria enthusiasts would make the trip worthwhile.

?

Quote by Whitehunter View Post
    If its down south, i am intrested

Quote by klinger View Post
    take it a bit more serius, you can read about it on the net a lot, there are more things around we dont know, and just that you do not belive in something gives you not the right to tell someone he is mad or on drugs. i think this is not the fine art, and unfair against the guy who started the thread
    Hello all,
    It's me again, in the last month only one ghost occurance happened, so that's good! I figured since I had a problem anyway, I went ahead on purchasing a hair locket that was picked up in a battlefield cave in Okinawa in 1971. It copper and has two locks of the presumeably Japanese guy's family in it. Too hard to pass up a unique item cheap. The guy said it's ghost free..... Now the story, My kid came into the living room about 2 weeks ago telling me that a "creepy ghost face" was appearing in the corner of his T.V. so he got his little sister and shut it off and came in to tell us. My wife said it was the glare from the window but the little boy was not going to back down on what he saw. Anyway, if things get out of control I'll have to call a auction house to sell the whole kit!
    Home

?

Ive found all this interesting reading but i have been debating whether or not to relate the following just because there will be someone who will try to come up with a reasonable explanation, but i believe there isnt one , at least not a straight forward scientific one. Now i keep an open mind about most things, including the possibility of "spirits" or whatever you want to call them, reincarnation etc so here we go, bearing in mind that i do not remember doing any of this but do remember the day and the occassion. When i was 7yrs old my dad took me to Farnborough Air show for a birthday treat, even then i had started to catch the bug that we all have to this day. Back then there wasnt the huge crowds that you get now but enough, and there wasnt the same security around the aircraft nor barriers , you could walk right up to the planes and stand beside them, touch them etc, there was a spitfire that was parked in the holding area either waiting for its slot or had been flying one of the two, anyway my dad was talking to this guy right beside the plane, apparently i wandered off climbed onto the wing , left side and got into the cockpit, when they both realised i had gone the guy who was with my dad must have guessed where i was but instead of roasting me alive unbeknown to me he watched me from the wing, now this i do not remember doing at all, according to this guy and what my dad told me many yrs later i was performing the pre flight checks exactly how it was to be done according to regulations. The guy who had been talking to my dad was the pilot and he had actually flown spitfires during the war and was still a display pilot and that was the one he had been flying during the show. This chap couldnt believe what i did nor could dad, but the guy was so shocked that he asked me to do it again, now this bit i sort of remember , he made me jump as if i was half asleep, and i do remember that i got scared because i thought that i was in trouble but i didnt know what he was talking about, i had no idea as to what i had done nor any recollection of doing it to this day. Apparently it even spooked this pilot and he told another couple of chaps who came over and asked my dad a load of question as to where i could have learnt this proceedure,obviously dad had no answers, and it remains a mystery to me to this day, i still have no idea what the pre flight checks entail but since that day i have had a warm and thrilling feeling come over me every time i see or hear the sound of a spitfire, i will drop everything just to see one flying or be near one and this isnt just enthusiasm or a plane nut its just with the spitfire, i am continually being nagged by the wife or the kids, who are all now adults about this obsession with this one plane and the wife dreads one flying over as im out in the garden watching or hearing it from a distance, now if anyone can explain this occurrence and please dont say its coincidence, according to dad , the pilot ruled that out as i performed everything to the letter, without even thinking about it ,as if it was second nature .

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Ive found all this interesting reading but i have been debating whether or not to relate the following just because there will be someone who will try to come up with a reasonable explanation, but i believe there isnt one , at least not a straight forward scientific one. Now i keep an open mind about most things, including the possibility of "spirits" or whatever you want to call them, reincarnation etc so here we go, bearing in mind that i do not remember doing any of this but do remember the day and the occassion. When i was 7yrs old my dad took me to Farnborough Air show for a birthday treat, even then i had started to catch the bug that we all have to this day. Back then there wasnt the huge crowds that you get now but enough, and there wasnt the same security around the aircraft nor barriers , you could walk right up to the planes and stand beside them, touch them etc, there was a spitfire that was parked in the holding area either waiting for its slot or had been flying one of the two, anyway my dad was talking to this guy right beside the plane, apparently i wandered off climbed onto the wing , left side and got into the cockpit, when they both realised i had gone the guy who was with my dad must have guessed where i was but instead of roasting me alive unbeknown to me he watched me from the wing, now this i do not remember doing at all, according to this guy and what my dad told me many yrs later i was performing the pre flight checks exactly how it was to be done according to regulations. The guy who had been talking to my dad was the pilot and he had actually flown spitfires during the war and was still a display pilot and that was the one he had been flying during the show. This chap couldnt believe what i did nor could dad, but the guy was so shocked that he asked me to do it again, now this bit i sort of remember , he made me jump as if i was half asleep, and i do remember that i got scared because i thought that i was in trouble but i didnt know what he was talking about, i had no idea as to what i had done nor any recollection of doing it to this day. Apparently it even spooked this pilot and he told another couple of chaps who came over and asked my dad a load of question as to where i could have learnt this proceedure,obviously dad had no answers, and it remains a mystery to me to this day, i still have no idea what the pre flight checks entail but since that day i have had a warm and thrilling feeling come over me every time i see or hear the sound of a spitfire, i will drop everything just to see one flying or be near one and this isnt just enthusiasm or a plane nut its just with the spitfire, i am continually being nagged by the wife or the kids, who are all now adults about this obsession with this one plane and the wife dreads one flying over as im out in the garden watching or hearing it from a distance, now if anyone can explain this occurrence and please dont say its coincidence, according to dad , the pilot ruled that out as i performed everything to the letter, without even thinking about it ,as if it was second nature .

Very strange and intresting story,thanks for sharing it

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast