Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How long have you been collecting?

Article about: Just thought I would start a thread to see how long some of us have been collecting. I know I first received some Japanese bullets and field gear, when I was 8, and had handed down some Germ

Default How long have you been collecting?

Just thought I would start a thread to see how long some of us have been collecting.

I know I first received some Japanese bullets and field gear, when I was 8, and had handed down some German items from my Grandfather when about 10 and I'm now 46, but couldn't in good honesty say I've been collecting for the last 38 years

I would say I've only really been collecting militaria for the last 10-12 years, on and off. Seriously the last few years. I collected firearms before that, but with the Australian gun laws, that soon ground to a halt, just a few percussion long arms and 1 flintlock pistol left .

So, anyone else what to share?

Cheers,

Grant

PHILBROWN
    ?

Default Re: How long have you been collecting?

ive been collecting dust for the last weeks waiting for a scaffolder to pull his finger out{not a word al},,,,,,,,,,seriously im also 46, or so and started when i was about 12 ish, collected a small amount for a couple of yrs and ended up selling the lot for a rented room as i was booted out by my dear father aged 15. didnt collect seriosly again till maybe 8 yrs ago, lot of fakes along the way but got rid of them as i leart more, {its like THIS IS YOUR LIFE} hopefully they didnt find there way into anyone elses collection. ive decided on ss paperwork solely now, especially feldposts, so there is little chance of faking a 10quid FP love every moment researching stuff, this place is a great tool {not a word stewy} so on and of for 33 yrs, but really about 10

I remember as a kid walking down to the Army/Navy store
    and buying shoulder patches 10 for $1.00. That would have
    been in about 1965 so I guess about 45 years.

?

I would count seriously interest from approx 1985 year, but some of the soviet insignia and uniforms I got when I was approx 7 years old.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

It all started for me in '82 with a german belt and early pebbled Heer buckle. I was 12 and totally thunder struck with all the "stuff" in that army surplus....man, those days are long gone!
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

1975 , got a civil war sword, at a show there was more German than U.S. & I traded

33 years non stop

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    33 years non stop
    By the amount of knowledge you have aquired i would not expect anything less Ade

I started collecting at age 28 ( would have collected earlier in life but money was a huge factor) I'm at 49 now but serious collecting only 6 1/2 years.

Ty

?

I first started to buy WWII items when I was about 14 years old, however I stopped being a collector of WWII gear about ten years ago, mainly due to doing other things, plus you can't be a dealer and the collector, as the too just don't mix. This is not to say that I don't keep the odd nice item, that turns up on my travels, but these are few and far between. The only two things that I've recently kept for myself are, a very nice dent free M1 fixed bale helmet from a batch that I purchased from the U.S.A. and a US Army MI-I-5 Optical Gas Mask, which again was found in among another job lot purchases from America.

I think that is what's known as the perk of the job.

Nige H
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Started when I was 15 and my father took me to a military show! I'm 17 now so 2 years and hopefully for many more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast