Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How to make a good picture of a sword ?

Article about: Yes that is the question;how to make a good picture of a sword? I find it very difficult to make a good picture of a sword! Always strugling with the length and the lens.... Just bought this

Default How to make a good picture of a sword ?

Yes that is the question;how to make a good picture of a sword?
    I find it very difficult to make a good picture of a sword! Always strugling with the length and the lens....
    Just bought thise new camera that is full of funny gadgets. One of them is the possibility to make panoramic pic's... by holding the button and turning from one point to a other, one is able to make a picture from one angle to a other.
    I think it is much used by real estate agents to show interior's of houses. It makes them look larger!
    So I tried it, but when not moving in the propper way it gives a pictures as if the sword is bent....
    After some exercise I managed to get a straight one, but still not pleased with the result...
    Any other tricks or advices!!??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: How to make a good picture of a sword ?

hi stuka,how did you manage to bend it in pic.2

By bending (not intentionaly!!)the traject ,when holding the button of the camera so it can up-load the whole image.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Stuka: I use a Nikon P500 SLR camera for all my photography. If you are having a problem getting the entire sword in the frame, due to its length, try backing off until the sword fits into your viewfinder or screen. Another technique is to get back far enough to use your telephoto (zoom) feature so that you get greater detail than with the normal or wide angle lens settings. Once you have the sword photographed, you can crop the picture so that all you have is the sword. In any event, getting the detail you want on overly long or wide subjects is always a challenge. But the upper photograph you have is a beaut! No problem with that one. Dwight