Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

How old are we / where do we all live?

Article about: Hi, I'm George and I live in Mississauga (aka Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada. Married, 35 years old with 2 kids - boy and girl.

Default Re: How old are we / where do we all live?

One more bump guys - and one more request for data.

I now have country and age bracket info for 106 members and have at least the country for another 12 from the forum itself - BUT this is still just a sample of our active membership, let alone our Full compliment. In the next few days I will put up the FINAL pie charts for end of 2012 and lock them in place ( warts & all ) and some may say, "hey my country is not on the chart"" ...... so tell me now rather than then, please! ( my mother always said to say that .... )

Then in another 6 months I may do another to see where we are at that point in time ........
    Thanks, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hi Dan, and hi to all, I'm Kevin, English by birth but now living in Chengdu, China. as you can all agree I'm not in the best place in the world for collecting war memorabilia, I had a small collection in the UK but my ex wife (note the word ex) threw it all away, but am very happy to be part of the WRF, I have learned so much since I joined, thanks to all. Kevin

My birthname is Wilhelm (Peter, Bernhard, Robert), named to my German Grandfather who was killed during WWI.
    So my writing-name is Wilhelm, in honor of the grandfather I never have learned to know. Friends do call me Wim.

I am 70 at the moment. Got my pre-pension ten years ago. Since about five years I have my full pension.
    I do live in the south of the Netherlands: Helmond, a city near Eindhoven (football-fans will know PSV).
    Helmond is located about 40 km from the German border and just about 20 from the Belgium border.

I have written 11 books and many, many (I think about 130) articles for German (Militaria and IMM) and US
    (Military Advisor)-magazines. Working for a few more books, but it gets slower these days. To concentrate is
    getting difficult. Time will tell what new books are being released! Learned to know a lot of great collectors.

I started collecting in 1969 when I got my first Japanese sword. After a few years I sold what I got and started
    collecting Third Reich items. Specialized after a few years: belt-buckles and Hitler-Jugend. Sold all in about
    1984/1985. Started collecting RAD traditions cap badges in 2000 and when I had found all (except one) I sold
    all in about 2005 or so. Can't remember.
    These days I do collect Asian chopsticks and Japanese female kimono. Can't buy stuff anymore as my house
    is full of them.

As previously mentioned by many members its a priviledge having you with us Wim

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    As previously mentioned by many members its a priviledge having you with us Wim

Nick
    Wholeheartedly second that sentiment.

Tom

And again Tom.
    Dave

Hello Thanatos - Dave,

Great to see you living in Tasmania, You surely will know where this name comes from:
    Abel Tasman.
    Coincedence: the street where I live is called Tasmanstraat (street).

best regards
    wilhelm

I'm Mo, 20 years of age, in Pennsylvania by the cess pool they call 'Lake Erie'.

I find almost all of my stuff at local antique malls and auctions. I have only ever bought from an online dealer once or twice.

Forgot to mention, I am a college student and an aspiring anthropologist. I hope to work in the Middle East, particularly in Palestine.

Michael. I'm 45 YO and live in Denmark. Work as a Project Manager.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Hello Thanatos - Dave,

Great to see you living in Tasmania, You surely will know where this name comes from:
    Abel Tasman.
    Coincedence: the street where I live is called Tasmanstraat (street).

best regards
    wilhelm
    Hi Wilhelm,
    It is a great privilage to have you on board the forum Sir.
    Thank you..... our island is a beautiful and unique place.It does Able Tasman much credit.
    He has not been forgotten...This is the Tasman Bridge which crosses the Derwent River in our Capital city Hobart.

2320406300_ebefe82560_z[1].jpg

You live in a fine street if it bears his name.
    Thank you for your response Wilhelm and again a big welcome mate.
    Cheers and all the best
    Dave

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast