MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

How old were you when you started collecting?

Article about: by PHILBROWN like to hear more about the story with the bmw in afrika stuka,,, I spend most of my youth in equatorial Africa from the east to the west coast. In Kinshasa my parents knew a Du

2 Years ago, average 11 year old that sat around playing video games at home, however went I would go to the cabin and dad let me take a friend along, we decided "Screw it, let's have a war battle!" so we told dad we wanted shovels to dig a trench (I was only into the history of the conflict, not the collecting part around this time), he grinned and climbed into the attic of our cabin and handed down some Korean War military items (Canteen, mess kit, pile cap and ammunition pouches, the kind that slipped onto the stock of an M1 Carbine). And that's where my thing started. So, I built up my collecting, and a year later, what do you know! The same friend started his own collection. All the same, it's small and a mess, but he's coming pretty good. Just recently, I purchased a Finnish M40 for 155 bucks (CAD), my parents thought I was crazy.. So with the last of my money, I decided to make the whole neighborhood think I was crazy! So, I decided "Ah, screw it!", went on a local classifieds site, and bought a Stahlhelm shell with the original luftwaffe decal for 210 bucks. I have officially declared myself insane. Anyways, uh.. Here's the thread from before I bought those new items, will be updating it: 2 Years collecting on a 20 dollar allowence

MAP
    ?

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    2 Years ago, average 11 year old that sat around playing video games at home, however went I would go to the cabin and dad let me take a friend along, we decided "Screw it, let's have a war battle!" so we told dad we wanted shovels to dig a trench (I was only into the history of the conflict, not the collecting part around this time), he grinned and climbed into the attic of our cabin and handed down some Korean War military items (Canteen, mess kit, pile cap and ammunition pouches, the kind that slipped onto the stock of an M1 Carbine). And that's where my thing started. So, I built up my collecting, and a year later, what do you know! The same friend started his own collection. All the same, it's small and a mess, but he's coming pretty good. Just recently, I purchased a Finnish M40 for 155 bucks (CAD), my parents thought I was crazy.. So with the last of my money, I decided to make the whole neighborhood think I was crazy! So, I decided "Ah, screw it!", went on a local classifieds site, and bought a Stahlhelm shell with the original luftwaffe decal for 210 bucks. I have officially declared myself insane. Anyways, uh.. Here's the thread from before I bought those new items, will be updating it: 2 Years collecting on a 20 dollar allowence

Keep the passion and great to have a friend to do it with.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I began collecting when I was 10-11 years old.
    My grandfather introduced me to the hobby, and I have been broke ever since.

However, the collection really took of when I was in the army (when 20-21 years old), and the collection have since outgrown every cabinet and spare room in the house.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9