Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

How old were you when you started collecting?

Article about: by PHILBROWN like to hear more about the story with the bmw in afrika stuka,,, I spend most of my youth in equatorial Africa from the east to the west coast. In Kinshasa my parents knew a Du

Default How old were you when you started collecting?

Just a quick question, how old were you when you started collecting militaria?

For me I was 15 when my father took me to a local military show. I was hooked and will be going back for my third time in May.

Thanks

-Justin

Default Re: How old were you when you started collecting?

11 it was back in Afrika where I got confrontated with german relics.
    The old fort in Kitega / Burundi, a remain of the period befor WWI.
    And an old BMW left by a former Afrikakorps member on the run trying to get to South Afrika..so the story went...!!??

Hi Justin, I was 15 too, except my 15th birthday was 33 years ago this year

I wrote a bit about how I started here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...w-so-much.html

I would love to combine todays fantastic resource of the internet with the prices of yesteryear! Information wise we have certainly come a long way since I started.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Around 7 or 8 y.old got some 3 Reich coins and stamps, in 9-10 years got some of the dugup m42, 40 and 16 helmets. In around 12 years start to visit the collectors meetings, where met some great collectors, one of them later come to me as a godfather who teach me everthing, provide me some tours to the theaters and film studios, batllefield digging....
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

appie
    ?

I was 15 when I started, and my first item was a ground dug .303 round. A friend had a metaldetector, and I often went with him in the forests to search for relics. After school I would jump on my bike to go to the woods and dig out foxholes. I saved all my pocketmoney up to buy my first detector when I was 16, and never stopped, that was 23 years ago. It was amazing the stuff we would find back then, and how good the relics where compared to now.
    Pitty I sold a lot when I was young and always needed money! Wish I had kept it all. Back then I sold MP40's in good condition for 250 euro's!!!

I was 8 years old. My Dad used to take me to peticote lane market in London EVERY sunday, and near Aldgate East underground station there used to be a small militaria shop, after the market, I pestered my Dad to take me there so I could just look at all the stuff they had, after that there was no going back. As Ade said............If only I knew then, what I know now

Hi RedArmyCollector

Found alot of human remains and war relics along the Yser front when I was nine. Collecting as a whole started at the age of sixteen when I got a Kriegsmarine dagger for my birthday from my mothers aunt...

Greetz

Nick VR

I was aout 7-8yrs old. British stuff from family & neighbours,mainly. Although i did have a TDB! Probably lost when i was a kid. Stewy

I started collecting at the age of 15, after returning home from a school trip to the WW1 battlefields and memorials of France and Belgium. I had always been interested in war history and weaponry, but this trip touched and fascinated me greatly. I bought a gas mask first, because I'd always wanted one (always was a strange child...) and that grew into an obsession. My parents told me they didn't want any more in the house, but I resisted and they eventually accepted my interest and now encourrage it. I'm 17 now, and have a room filled with gas masks, guns, grenades, ammunition....etc.

Many people find this disturbing, but being 'normal' is WAY overrated. Why get clothes and music for your birthday when you can get an original TT-33 Tokarev?

3mk
    ?

I started when i was 10.It started when i visisted Poland and my grandparents told me alot about my relatives who fought in wars.My GrandFather gave me some of his decorations and 2 forester uniforms.And in that year i found out my Grandma was a Lietanant in the Polish army!
    Toxic gas i agree with you instead of getting a laptop you can get a piece of militaria and brag about how valueable it is!
    And a gun/sword/bayonet is always better then an electronic

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast