Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it

Article about: BBC News - How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it

Default How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

An interesting article. The swastika is commonly found in Japan. Not only was it a religious symbol, but it was also a family crest or mon in many forms. I have seen samurai armor with the manji(swastika)mon. It was a common family crest in the southern island of Kyushu.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I wonder if the swasitika emblem were to be come "rehabilitated" or "normalised" again in western culture the present widespread allure of the Nazi associated swastika would diminish also for militaria collectors?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Great article Stefan..IMO I highly doubt the swastika will regain its pre Hitler notoriety..just the same as a convicted child sex offender is marked for life..so is the swastika painted under a dark light showing it to be evil.

In the photo below..I can see in the article that Hitler or someone in his Kultur circle has enhanced the commonly seen party badge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I remember in Bali in the 1990's, the swastika is everywhere...the hotel I stayed in had a large Buddha with a huge wooden swastika over it, and it also appears at the borders of villages with large wooden "gates"

Quote by AMTG View Post
    I remember in Bali in the 1990's, the swastika is everywhere...the hotel I stayed in had a large Buddha with a huge wooden swastika over it, and it also appears at the borders of villages with large wooden "gates"
    as of 2012 they are still there.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thailand is the same. You cannot fail to see the symbol if there on your travels. Many from the region are also adorned with tattoos depicting variations of the swastika too.

?

Default Cultures

As stated, Many different cultures used the "Swastika" Waaaay before the Nazi party.
    Including Native American Indians.. Greek, Hindu, and a host of others.. I believe in Chicago, Il. ( U.S.) there is a famous hotel that was nearly shunned if still exsistent that had swastika motifs all about the building before the 30's G
    Attached Images Attached Images

Swastika's were and still are used all over the globe. Hitler and his associates
    just "borrowed" this symbol for their own good.

Some of my female Japanese kimono do have numerous swastika's all over.
    Have a good look and you will see some, "shining" in the silk!

S6003620.JPG

A friend of mine once photographed all kinds pf subjects he saw during his
    trip in India and the Nepal-area. Wouldn't you not like to have a named
    boarding-pass with a stamp with swastika?

img305 - kopie.jpg

Or what about a stringed instrument with his symbol. Would it not be fun to
    have this?

img306.jpg

And if I am right: wasn't there in the 1930's an US army unit, wearing a
    patch with a swastika. Can't find the photograph, but surely members can
    show this!

Given time all things revert back to what they were..its only because these terrible things happened in or near our short time on this planet..in 200 hundred years very few will really care or think about the Nazis the same as us...History teaches us that given time everything passes.. As far as seeing Swastikas, i could name a few places in Germany that are still there, but you may need to be on your back to see them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast