Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

How would you proceed to buy a item from a new forum member is presenting

Article about: Here is the story in short(!); someone shows up on the forum (a newcomer!) in order to have a item identyfied. After that was done he is offering it for sale. Both are living on different co

Default How would you proceed to buy a item from a new forum member is presenting

Here is the story in short(!);
    someone shows up on the forum (a newcomer!) in order to have a item identyfied. After that was done he is offering it for sale.
    Both are living on different continents. Agreements are made to pay with paypal.
    After asking for seller's identity it seems that his messages are coming from a complete other adres (700 km distance from one to a other!) then the one he gave when asking for his identity.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: How would you proceed to buy a item from a new forum member is presenting

Difficult one to say the least. I always go with my gut when I am buying from someone with little to no feedback or rating. If the guy sounds like a legit person, can give photo's with of the item with something like current date or proof of ownership etc I would consider proceeding. If in any way or form my guts doesn't sit right then I would move away.

Not the best position to be in that's for sure

Jason

Default Re: How would you proceed to buy a item from a new forum member is presenting

A tricky situation which requires, persistence and trust
    Morris

At first I was allright, but when the IP matter came up I got cold feet.
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

?

There could be a number of reasons, work might take the other person away from home and one IP address for example.

You could ask that person why there is a huge difference in location.

If in doubt, err on the side of caution. Better safe than sorry.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It's happened here more than once-a total newby signs in and shows amazing things and then sells them, only to rip off the buyer. Not really all that much that you can do about it, other than go with your instincts and if it feels "off", go no further. PayPal is supposed to offer buyer protection, but I have no clue as to how it works with International sales.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by stuka f View Post
    At first I was allright, but when the IP matter came up I got cold feet.
    |<
    Fair enough to. When in doubt move away and consider yourself lucky to have not been burned would be my call.

Cheers
    Jason

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    A tricky situation which requires, persistence and trust
    Morris
    So it is. I asked him if he was prepared to send the item and me paying for it after recieving it (with paypal!) with the forum as our(/his!) witness but it was turned down.
    And when asked for more guarantees about his id, none are given. Apparently my inquiry was taken badly...

cheers
    |<ris

?

Then forget it and move on Kris.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I....
    PayPal is supposed to offer buyer protection, but I have no clue as to how it works with International sales.
    It is difficult to work that out! Also theyre policy is changing on a regular base.
    I was refund on one time and lost it on a other time (even when i could proof being right!)
    So I am not tanking chances on that! They also do stipulate somewhere you have to check the person out your are sending the money to.

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast