Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I never had - "the plot"

Article about: Because the thread posted a few days ago is closed, i cannot add "My Say" Without adding what i believe i need to, poor user JIMM is left hanging. by JIMM; Got this email below abo

Default I never had - "the plot"

Because the thread posted a few days ago is closed, i cannot add "My Say"
    Without adding what i believe i need to, poor user JIMM is left hanging.

Quote by JIMM;
    Got this email below about 30 mins ago from Jo Rivett has anyone had one aswell?. I failed to find the humor in it and found it slightly offensive really. What is his problem?. Seeing i lost my faith in humanity recently this only adds to the reason why i have.
    ××××
    Very odd indeed and not appreciated at least for me anyway. Maybe i have missed something?. If this is a way to drum up business i fail to see who would want to buy after receiving this.
    Yes it did seem funny a few days ago, and still is funny, but there always has to be a reason why someone posts what they do, when they post something like this.
    The usual trolling, the usual revenge-post because of something negative said in the past, or on another thread/forum... So i have been racking what little brain matter i have left, trying to think of the reason - and believe i have found it!

On the 12.6.2014 user Jimm sent me an email asking for a discount on a NS-slogan badge i have listed. My reply to him was:
    Many dealers list these NUN ERST .. badges for more than mine is listed for (see image) and they are selling as well for higher prices.

So i`ll be leaving that one at 170.
    To which Jimm replied the same day:

Thanks for the reply , i sold my Nun Erst Recht badge and am regretting it hence why i wanted another. ..... I understand in regards to prices ...... i'll be back for some badges soon , just regaining my enthusiasm as i lost it these past few weeks Jo.

Kindest regards....
    Since then i have not heard boo from a ghost.. i did recently see him selling all the badges he acquired from me on the eStand here, with the words "From Jo Rivetts excellent site" in his descriptions....but that has nothing to do with the price of fish `n chips though.

So the lightbulb went on in my head. (Due to a lack of brain matter it is really bright when it does go on ) User JIMM has not been registered on my site for long at all, so would have not received any mails that i send out each 6 months or so, but if anyone does have the second and third last ones, they are welcome to upload them here, as they too contain horrible words like "No Discount now or ever" in fact the second last one was only about Bargains and non-existent discounts.

Quite possibly user JIMM took my last mail personally, seeing as he had, not long ago, asked me for a discount himself and been refused. If this is the situation here, then i fully understand, and can see why he took my mail personally. It could of course be due to the rough language, some folk just dont like anything other than "Good Morning Dear Sir" who really knows, all i can see is that there possibly could be a personal and valid reason why this user reacted the way he did.

If there is anyone else who would like to be "taken off" my mailing list, or taken off my site altogether, just send me a simple mail with the title:
    Oi - NOOoooooooo !
    If you can say it like Harry Enfield, you`ll be eligible for my Super-Summer-2014-Bargains-Discount: Buy one badge and get everything else on the site for free! Postage included!
    ×××

Hi Jo..if there is a plot..please post photos Text without photo support leads to a dead thread. Lets keep it funny..but with photos.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I love Jo's emails, I always get a laugh out of them! I'd love to post some of the private emails between Jo and myself but it'd get us both banned! To me Jo is one of the good blokes in the hobby, you always know exactly where you stand with him and you can be yourself - he doesn't care who you are and is happy to tell you that!lol I suppose the best thing is that when you buy a badge from Jo you KNOW it's good and there are not too many sites out there that you could say that about. Jo is a complete bastard, and that's why I like him.

I never even knew Jo Had a site, could someone provide me with a name so i can have a browse ?

Thanks Morris

www.parteiabzeichen.ch There ya go Morris!

?

I received the "offending" email myself & honestly cannot understand
    the indignation it has supposedly caused. It certainly put a smirk on
    my old dial !

Regards
    Brett

Thats why i posted this, because after thinking about the "why"- i remembered that i just declined giving him a "discount" a few weeks back. Very possible that he automatically took my "Mass Mail" as being directed towards him and his recent request. Absolutely not the case though, as any of the past mass mails i sent out before that would verify.

So a bad situation possibly due to false assumptions reached. (Based on a valid reason from his side) He did mail me as well as ask that i never mail him again, hence the post here. Just trying to show both sides of the story so nobody "Jumps" poor Jimm when he posts in future. Ps. Dont listen to post 3. Australians like to drink, we all know this.

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Dont listen to post 3. Australians like to drink, we all know this.
    Like to drink???? .... we LOVE to drink :-)
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I like Jo. He will call out a fake item, regardless of who owns it or is trying to sell it.

?

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    I like Jo. He will call out a fake item, regardless of who owns it or is trying to sell it.
    That's an important thing, and very true. Crap is still crap, even if it came out of the archduke.

Regarding the mass e-mail, I laughed a bit and saved it to my 'keep' folder because I thought it was funny and a bit wry. Jimm is a nice fellow and I think he did misunderstand the mailing a bit, probably for the reason that Jo gives above. I hope that all can be resolved and we can all go back to haggling over swastikers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast