Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

"I Was Wondering Who'd Be The First To Spot That..." - Dad's Army Film Remake In The Offing.

Article about: by Adrian I can't see this one being a success I'm afraid. In our politically correct society we can't recreate the comedic values from the original series. Are we allowed to say the "f

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I cant find the episode where everyone had to parade with their medals and of course Mainwaring was never awarded any.
    Its absolute class !

Nick
    You could have loaned him an EK or two, Nick.

Quote by big ned View Post
    "On the Buses" was utter crap imo....The guy who played 'Blakey', Stephen someone or other was the most one dimensional actor i've probably ever seen. He was playing the same character on "Last of the Summer Wine" nearly 40 years later. And Reg Varney.....The only thing he was famous for was opening the worlds first ever ATM cash machine in Enfield....Funny not!
    Utter garbage and about as funny as death!....

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Dads Army was very popular here in the Aussie colonies - as were virtually all of the Pommie shows of the era, I just don't understand why anyone would try to remake a classic like that. To me it's not just the fact that it was a very well scripted comedy, it's as much the characters that were portrayed brilliantly by such a magnificent cast that will always be remembered as "Dads Army". A new cast might work for a new audience but I doubt they will hold the attention of us older crew that know and love the original.
    Hey I am young and watched all the originals.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Hey I am young and watched all the originals.
    That's great. I still believe any remake will only appeal to a younger audience, not an older audience who are familiar with the original. Nowhere have I said that younger people haven't watched the original version but I'll bet the majority of those under 25 haven't.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3