Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Identify the year of manufacture

Article about: Hi I am looking to identify the sword year of manufacture via the logo of the manufacturer (mainly German, eg. (Eickhorn, Horster etc.). Does anyone know if a similar catalog exists?

Default Identify the year of manufacture

Hi I am looking to identify the sword year of manufacture via the logo of the manufacturer (mainly German, eg. (Eickhorn, Horster etc.). Does anyone know if a similar catalog exists?

MAP
    ?

I know there is a website out that that lists the years that the different logos were uses (i.e. 1935 - 1939, etc). Unfortunately I can't search using my officer machine. but I'm sure a quick google with the right keywords will point you in the direction.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I know but i cant find it either, thats why i did this post...thx anyway

MAP
    ?

when I get home I will find it and post. Also search in the forum. I know there are threads here with the images.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Here is one with the dates. Pictures are drawings

maker marks

Here is another without dates but pictures

Maker Marks

Regards,

Michael

thank you very much, great help!!!
    However I cant find details for the attached Eickhorn logo...is there anyone knows the period?eickhorn period.jpgeickhorn period.jpg

MAP
    ?

Based on the 2nd link I gave you, it looks like it is the earliest mark. Assuming of course they go in the date order. But I'm not expert.

I think you would get more luck if this thread was moved to the swords section. (Assuming again it is a TR era sword)

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sword...reich-austria/

You can ask a moderator to move it by sending them a PM or you could start a new thread.

Best I can do to help

Michael

?

It would help with the dating if a pic of the complete sword was posted.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

here you are...
    Attached Images Attached Images

MAP
    ?

Is that Greek?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast