Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying ribbon bars

Article about: Hi all, new meat here. I'm one of those geeky costume-maker kids. My costume is of a Soviet Major from the game Metal Gear Solid 3. I'm a stickler for detail so I was wondering if maybe you

KnuxieChan
    ?

Default Identifying ribbon bars

Hi all, new meat here. I'm one of those geeky costume-maker kids. My costume is of a Soviet Major from the game Metal Gear Solid 3. I'm a stickler for detail so I was wondering if maybe you guys could try and identify the ribbon bars on the Major's uniform? I've tried doing the research myself and am completely stumped. Sorta figuring some of them are just made up.

I can't get a really good shot of it so I apologize for the poor quality images. And I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section or is something you guys don't deal with.

e0159808_0414171.jpge0159808_053357.jpg
    20110119_2025196.jpgribbons.png

I thought this is what they might look like cleaned up but I'm pretty sure I messed up on quite a few. I really wish I could just rip the model from the game to see the textures more clearly.
    raikovribbons.PNG

Default Re: Identifying ribbon bars

Hi and welcome to the forum Knuxie.

A couple of these look similar to WWI 'Victory Medal' ribbons, and one
    sort of resembles the US 'Purple Heart Medal' ribbon, but I think
    they are entirely made-up.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

One on the top-left... Arctic Service? I'd have to agree with Walkwolf, though, I don't think Kojima and the developers went into that much details on the uniforms. Cool hobby nonetheless.

?

None of them are Soviet. They may be from another country or just plain fantasy.

KnuxieChan
    ?

A Russian friend of mine mentioned the purpleish one being something about "expert shotgun use in training" but that was the only one he could figure out.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions though. Darn you, Kojima, and your weird custom uniforms.