Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

if only you could go back in time

Article about: Check out the price of these little beauties from the late70 's of only we knew then what we know now

Default if only you could go back in time

Check out the price of these little beauties from the late70 's of only we knew then what we know now
    Attached Images Attached Images

I remember a time when mint WW2 German helmets were costing around £1.82p. Officer's Pickelhauben were around £5. That was around the early 60's. Many (now rare) items could be picked up cheeply in Army surplus stores. Bundles of WW1 tunics - 10 for £10.

An Enfield mark 3 No 1 for $9.95!!!!!

What a great ad from the past!...

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Check out the price of these little beauties from the late70 's of only we knew then what we know now
    Love the jungle carbine for $25.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

But look at the prices of the no1 mk3's!!! And the number4T ! I could cry. I've just paid 2 k for mine

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I remember a time when mint WW2 German helmets were costing around £1.82p. Officer's Pickelhauben were around £5. That was around the early 60's. Many (now rare) items could be picked up cheeply in Army surplus stores. Bundles of WW1 tunics - 10 for £10.
    Harry. .....I remember when I was in the army cadets in the late sixties. We made a bonfire and BURNT stacks and attacks of 08 webbing eeeekkkkk. But then it was no use. There was a surplus store in aldgate in london selling 02 tunics for a fiver. And who could forget the arches under charring cross. Piles and piles of sa Daggers at 30 quid a pop. And I used to change the scabbards until I found one that fitted better.

Thats insane prices,for you gun owners this must really tear your heart out,M1 Garand for $79 absolutely crazy days............thanks for the nostalgia from by gone days.............

I remember the arches well John,my office was 150 yards away,and things were cheaper in my day.late 50s.

i remember going in to a quonset hut on the base back in the early 60's - piles of survival vests, oxygen masks and Mae Wests available for the taking. M1 helmets for next to nothing, and all sorts of WW2 field gear. "Those were the days, my friends, we thought they'd never end . . ."

I remember even in the mid-80's de-activated SMLE's for sale for £40 in Exchange & Mart. We also had two enormous Coates Army & Navy stores that were filled to the brim with army surplus on the top floors. Every week I'd rummage through piles of webbing looking for Ww2 dated gear. On numerous occasions I pulled out Ww1 dated belts, bags and pouches and threw it all back in because it wasn't ww2 dated.

Incidentally I recently worked with a fella who used to manage the main Army & Navy in town and he told me that when they closed down all the army surplus went to the land-fill. I was gutted when he told me that, absolutely gutted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast