Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

If you could go back to summer 1945...

Article about: I'd head straight down the steps into the fuhrerbunker and take the pistol that ended hitlers life 20 years too late. That's, of course, after the bastard had used it!

4md
    ?

Default Re: If you could go back to summer 1945...

One Relic......ok then i would bring back a Panther from one of the ss divisions, fully decked out still with a mp40, helmets, spare uniforms in the storage compartments,

?

I'd go back to the day of the Nazi surrender ... meet my father .. and thank him.

?

If i could only take one thing it would be something rare, maybe one of Hitlers uniforms or a golden gun.

i'd keep it simple everything in this picture and a hand full of c96 mausers plus a couple helmets with no decals on them
    this.jpg

I would have taken away the means for Hitler and Goebbels to commit suicide and thus evade retribution!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Load a ME-262 with Lugers and fly away. Wonder what I could sell the ME 262 for on E bay.

?

To travel back to late 1945 and be in such a place like Berlin or Dusseldorf I really do not know if I would want a relic at all.
    For me just the opportunity to sit and (TAKE IT ALL IN) would be enough for me the sights,sounds,and smells would be something I think that would stick with you no one would ever be able to take it away and you very probably would not be able to forget it even if you tried.

Just my two cents

Regards Mark K

Quote by Steve Newman View Post
    ... where would you go to pick up one relic and what would you pick?

I love seeing immediate post war photos, piles of discarded helmets, lines of abandoned aircraft, but have wondered if I had of been there, or could time travel, exactly what and where would I actually go and I still haven't yet reached a conclusion, although buying a scrap Spitfire or Hurricane for the price of the fuel in the tanks kind of appeals!!

Anyone else?

Cheers

Steve
    For me it'd have to be the two and only Jane Russell, a desert island, an unlimited supply of chilled Dom Perignon and a faked newspaper report that the Atomic bombs had worked far better than anyone had ever imagined and that all human life on earth was extinct.....

russell-jpeg.jpg

Nom, Nom, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    For me it'd have to be the two and only Jane Russell, a desert island, an unlimited supply of chilled Dom Perignon and a faked newspaper report that the Atomic bombs had worked far better than anyone had ever imagined and that all human life on earth was extinct.....

russell-jpeg.jpg

Nom, Nom, Ned.
    But Ned,it would be so boring with only one person to talk to.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    But Ned,it would be so boring with only one person to talk to.
    tumblr_lqfm8vbZBd1r24e6ho1_1280.jpg
    That's why i'd go for these three on the right!..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast