Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ikea cabinets

Article about: I have been looking at the display cabinets from our Swedish friends at Ikea recently and was wondering if any members on here use them? Do u recomend them Quality etc?,and if anyone has any

?

Default Ikea cabinets

I have been looking at the display cabinets from our Swedish friends
    at Ikea recently and was wondering if any members on here use them?
    Do u recomend them Quality etc?,and if anyone has any pictures i would
    like to see them, especialy if you use them to display daggers?
    At around£40 they seem very good value to me.

Thanks
    Luke

?

Default Re: Ikea cabinets

Quote by LMG 1 View Post
    I have been looking at the display cabinets from our Swedish friends
    at Ikea recently and was wondering if any members on here use them?
    Do u recomend them Quality etc?,and if anyone has any pictures i would
    like to see them, especialy if you use them to display daggers?
    At around£40 they seem very good value to me.

Thanks
    Luke
    Hi Luke.

I dont know about displaying daggers in them, but I use Ikea's "Billy" system for all my units in my study, as cupboards, open fronted shelves and with the glass fronted display doors on as a display unit for my models.
    I especially like the fact that the shelves are adjustable, you can add an interior lighting system and, if you are using more than one of them, they can all be bolted together.

My study is laid out with two X 2m high (doors fitted) and two X 1m high units with my desk underneath, all bolted together. My display unit is one of the 2m high units with the glass fronted doors fitted. I have not fitted the interior lights, partly because I dont know what effect any heat would have on my models, but also because I have a ceiling mounted 5 spotlight lighting system in place that gives more than enough light onto them.
    Personally I think that, for the price, it is a good system and I have had no problems/complaints about it.

I will get some pic's uploaded later today when I get my camera back from the wife(!)

Hope that this of some help.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Thanks Ian, i was wondering if the lighting unit in these display cabinets would produce enough heat to effect different types of militaria?

I have 2 of these cabinets and they do make a display look good, however displaying daggers leaves you a bit limited, because of the space they take up I have over 2000 rounds of .303 in mine

Personally that was the best £25 i spent, on those cabinets

?

Cheers chaps, i look forward to the pics Ian.

?

that`s interesting Luke , i`ve been toying with that idea for a couple of months now , i think they would really make the daggers stand out and as you say , very reasonable price wise
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Hi Alan
    Yeah i think daggers could look really good in them,just wondering about the quality,lighting,how stable they are?

?

i spotted these at ikea in croydon ( whilst looking for something else ) and thought they would be perfect for the job and they were on a special offer at the time , my problem is moving some of the wifes stuff out of the way to make room . I think they must be pretty robust
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

I was planning on driving to Croydon today to have a look at them but the
    wife had other ideas

?

Hi guys,

As promised, here are some photos of my set up, (apologies for the state of my study, its currently also used as a "dumping ground")
    I have taken shots of all my Ikea units for you to see. The display unit has been photographed with the doors closed, one open and both open.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast