Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Illeagal to own Nazi items with a Government carreer?

Article about: Hey everyone, I have a very important question. I know that if your a civilian in the US it is completely legal to own historical WWII gear with Nazi emblems on it such as flags, daggers, in

?

Default Re: Illeagal to own Nazi items with a Government carreer?

The Author of "Collecting the edged weapons of the Third Reich ", LTC Thomas M Johnson, has a very large collection of militaria, at the time of writing his books he was rising through the ranks of the military including combat tours of VIETNAM, in 1981 when his collection and books became noted as reference materials his position in the military was on assignment to the office of the joint chiefs of staff in the pentagon, im pretty sure that your dad wont argue with those facts, but if he does then im afraid he cant feel that secure in his job and its unfair to put you in a position of choice

I was in the military for 23 years and used to be part of the Second Battle Group reenactment. I used to lectures on camp comparing modern day Cammo item and Germann WW2 equipment to modern day British gear. Some of the guys were amazed how good the German gear was, especiially the Oakleaf Cam. The British issue KFS (knife fork spoon set) is identical to the German WW2 one lol
    Ben

I dont want to say this is paranoia, just unfounded. Most Upper Military wish they had the same qualities and standards, my father was offered membership by Australian Special Forces and Intelligence to their "mess" and groups simply for his subject matter, when I graduated I was swamped by Officers and NCO's asking if they could keep him.

?

In my optics you should keep this a little low. Yes according to rules, laws and regulations there is nothong wrong in collecting TR items. BUT, it's not always how things work. So your father is to some extend right. If somebody gets a grudge against you or something, it's not difficult to start spreading gossips about you being a "Nazi fanatic fetischist". Ihave myself been in the army, so i give greimers right. There it's not a problem at all. We even had a saying that "if it's not German it does'nt work". Danish Army. But in society it's a different game.

I know this is far out but let's constuct a scenario. Goes like this: Your father kills a black teen age girl (drunk or on drugs, just to totally make it not his fault). Media gets to know there is Nazi items in your house, because the police who took an interview at you house tipped them off on this. Could be the beginning of something not good.
    I know it's far fetched, but just an example.

Hi Datrus, excellent example !!!!!!!! It actually describes an unfortunate event that I was involved in. I had a drunk Drug dealer push a pistol into my temple whilst I was tryin to enjoy some down time. Fast forward and my premises are being searched by State and Federal Police, - then they found my collection. I was taken outside and had both my arms held backwards across a tree whilst they attempted to do as much organ damage as possible. Then they called in Australian Itell and Special Forces Provo's etc, they were disgusted in my treatment and actually had the detectives responsible sit in a chair for me to strike back - which I refused.

?

Pretty shite situation to end up in i must say. Good choice not striking back.

Didn't end there, SAS broke one detectives nose, the detectives came and apologised, I told them I didn't have an issue other than reaffirming ignorance.

Quote by big ned View Post
    As long as you don't rock up to your Dad's office annual picnic and barbeque dressed like this, I think you'll be O.K.......
    Hey Ned where did you get this photo of my boss lol!!!!!!! Tim.

Quote by big ned View Post
    As long as you don't rock up to your Dad's office annual picnic and barbeque dressed like this, I think you'll be O.K.......
    I agree with Ned on this.
    Collect what you want, just dont show it in public places.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

You might run into some trouble if you try to run it up a flagpole

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast