Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Im here to announce that in 4 years I will join the military.

Article about: I plan on joining the tank corps. Is that a good branch to join? Also, im torn between joining the Bundeswehr or the American army. I am german and im proud to be and most of my military his

"Seeing action" in today's multi-polar society is becoming more and more unlikely, now that there are no real state to state "enemy's" to fight. The visions of grandeur shown in the 2003- Iraq/Afghan war will be the "action" of the future.

Well this saves me from creating a seperate thread over the summer, but I too am joining in U.S. Army after I graduate next school year. I will say know what you're getting yourself into and be willing to sign your life away for a few years. Talk to as many recent military vets that you can before joining.

I joined the British Royal armoured Corps at 16.

Wish I had got an education first.

It was a great experience though

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Whilst stuck in a massive traffic jam on the M6 North last summer I suddenly became aware that the elderly driver stuck in front was an ex 'Tankie' when he proceeded to climb out the sunroof, stride skillfully over the roof and down onto the boot and take a p!$$ over the side.

That wasn't you was it Nick....???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I joined the USMC in 1979 when I was 17 and had a Great time. But I agree 1000% on what the other members are telling you. Get a better/higher level of education before you join.
    When my kids ask me why should they continue with their education before joining the servcie, I ask them this question.
    Do you want to scrub the toilets or be in charge of the people scrubbing the toilets????

Semper Fi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12