Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Im here to announce that in 4 years I will join the military.

Article about: I plan on joining the tank corps. Is that a good branch to join? Also, im torn between joining the Bundeswehr or the American army. I am german and im proud to be and most of my military his

?

Default Im here to announce that in 4 years I will join the military.

I plan on joining the tank corps. Is that a good branch to join? Also, im torn between joining the Bundeswehr or the American army. I am german and im proud to be and most of my military histroy is from Germany. What should I do?

?

I think you need to go to your high school prom before making any decisions young friend.

Sounds ok, but get a good education first - preferably
    university or college.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Is there still a tank corps?

?

Unfortunately you are placed where the military wants you if you join. You can request an area but most of the time they have tests that gauge where you will be placed. Do get an education beforehand. Easier to become an officer that way

?

I just went full stupid and forgot about college, im doing that of course. So you reccomend an Officer position?

?

I am only 18, and I have considered joining the Navy. Being 18 and in honors classes the military like to call you a lot. I have talked to regular soldiers (ask them not recruiters) and they have told me about something where you can complete a program of some type and come into the military as an officer as long as you have college education. I have not researched it enough because the Navy is my second choice career, but you should since you are considering it.

Ask the Bundeswehr if they use depleted uranium rounds in tank crew training. If they do, don't join. The US does, and hundreds of thousands of vets and serving soldiers are coming down with the bad health effects that will last a lifetime.

?

That very interesting I never knew that. Ill take that into consideration alot.

?

I'm not sure but I don't think Germany allows joint citizenship therefore you might have to renounce your American citizenship which I don't think would be a good idea. Plus you've got more chance of seeing action with the US army but as the other guys have alluded to, a lot can change in four years

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast