Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Importing a jerrycan to Oz

Article about: Does anyone have any experience with importing one of these things to Australia? I've had a look at Aussie customs website and can't find anything there preventing me from doing so but as an

Default Importing a jerrycan to Oz

Does anyone have any experience with importing one of these things to Australia? I've had a look at Aussie customs website and can't find anything there preventing me from doing so but as anyone who has dealt with Aussie customs will know, it's better to be safe than sorry! Any advice or help will be much appreciated, thanks gents,
    Dave.
    Last edited by sandgroper; 08-30-2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Typo

?

Dave, I have assisted Australian members with this type of item before - two or three times, without issue.

Thanks so much for your reply Carl, I really appreciate that mate! Is there any special thing that needs to be done or is it simply a matter of boxing it up and posting it off?

?

The sender should obviously label the package correctly. Other than that, nothing special Dave. Although the economical postage service (surface mail) will be very slow - you can expect to wait for at least two months, it tends to go without problem.

Thanks very much for your help Carl, very good of you mate! Living on the edge of the earth down here in Oz I'm not too bothered about waiting for it to arrive, I'm just pleased to know I can possibly get one! Thanks again Carl.

?

You're welcome Dave, no trouble at all.

Australian customs only seem to be rather problematic with daggers and weapon related imports. I imported a large range finder last year and apart from the waiting it to arrive it was problem free, so I expect your shipment to arrive safely.

Morris

There can be problems with whether an item is 'clean' (free of soil contamination etc) or not-more quarantine than the customs side.

The one I'm looking at has been sandblasted which has removed all of the soil etc... So I don't think that side of it will be a problem. It also has two large holes, one entry and the other exit from a fairly large calibre projectile so not much chance of it holding fuel or anything else. I'm especially interested in it because it was recovered from the chancellery site.

Hi Dave,
    I was one of 'the Aussies' Carl kindly helped out with a wasser kanister last year. No issues posting it or receiving it ( and I have bought ones from Rask Antik and Boriss in Estonia ( Narvarestorer on Ebay ) all with no issues. BUT, it goes without saying that they MUST NOT SMELL OF FUEL!! Total cleanliness will not draw any unwanted attention.

Good luck, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast