Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

impulsive addict buys

Article about: My name is Lee and Im an addict! Its hereditary! Everone in my family suffers from collecting! Im just trying to get over needing something in the mail. Its hard. Im also trying not to look

?

Default impulsive addict buys

who buys stuff just to keep getting the buzz even if its not what you collect ? i am constantly buying stuff on ebay and then i wonder why did i buy that heres an example of an item i won the other day that im waiting to arrive, an ats group ,photo album with 47 pics and some docs , i buy it open it have a look at it then sell it,, i have a problem dont i ?? rgds Dave

Default Re: impulsive addict buys

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    who buys stuff just to keep getting the buzz even if its not what you collect ? i am constantly buying stuff on ebay and then i wonder why did i buy that heres an example of an item i won the other day that im waiting to arrive, an ats group ,photo album with 47 pics and some docs , i buy it open it have a look at it then sell it,, i have a problem dont i ?? rgds Dave
    yes you do, but dont worry me too so you are not alone whit this problem

Howdy,

I too once fell prey to this habit, so you are not alone...believe me! I have now all but curbed that over the past few years. The only time that I buy something that is outside of my collecting field is when I find something cheap that I know I can make a profit on and put the proceeds toward buying an item which does fit into my collecting area.

In short, I think that habit is a natural progression amongst most collectors and as we "mature" in our focus, then this tends to go away eventually.

Take care and happy collecting.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

we're all addicts on here, this forrum has fueled my addiction, nice pics though, where abouts were they taken?

?

i think we all have a form of O.C.D as i cant control it anymore sometimes i just have to have something comming in the mail also its like a surprize!!

?

lol.......yes it is an addiction i have just started collecting and my hands start to itch every time i see some cool old military stuff

I guess it's a common problem, ran up on a japanese bayonet on ebay it was down to about 2 minutes till end, well I bought it for $70.00 thought I got a great deal, then it arrived, someone had taken a dremel tool, or something to the top half, it was all nice & shiney & they also ground off the serial numbers, so now it's a parts bayonet, at least I got to use the handles for a bayonet that was made in Manchuria, it had a rare maker mark on the top of the blade, they were the most expensive 2 pieces of wood I ever bought. oh well.

I am glad that I am not alone in my compulsion. I guess I can understand women who are shopaholics.

Quote by tampalam View Post
    I am glad that I am not alone in my compulsion. I guess I can understand women who are shopaholics.
    I never thought of it that way, but I think your right, b.t.w. that was pretty funny.

Who'd of thought that this forum could help to bridge the gender gap? LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast