Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Incredible movie prop tanks

Article about: Hi Guys, there is a new film in production in Moscow, a "Sci-Fi Great Patriotic War film" by Karen Shakhnazarov and is called "White Tiger". I think you will be impressed

Default Incredible movie prop tanks

Default Re: Incredible movie prop tanks

I wish they could have used more "real" Tigers in the movies past

Nice. One thing I like about Russian made war films is that they almost always include as much realism as possible but, a LOT of senseless propaganda too, that one has to sift through--such as the Germans are ALWAYS portrayed as all being drunk when attacking any Soviet position and such.

?

I think the thing about senseless propaganda can be said on all Hollywood production as well. I wonder why.... I also think it's safe to say that many of the Soviet soldiers was drunk as hell most of the time. Heard quite a few stories about the Vodka rations on the front, and in the Red Army in general.

Fantastic tank Ade, which I had one at home

Jean

Now that is paying attention to detail, incredible. I would love to know how much it will end up costing to built those two tanks. Thanks for the links.

?

Its about time that movie makers started to get things realistic looking , just imagine how much better "Battle of the Bulge" would have been with a line of Tigers rolling across the open fields, now i know its due to financial constraints, but some could make the effort, especially on a big budget film, even "Kellys Heroes" tried to get some accuracy in the tanks, the ones that are being made in this thread look great

Quote by davejb View Post
    Its about time that movie makers started to get things realistic looking , just imagine how much better "Battle of the Bulge" would have been with a line of Tigers rolling across the open fields, now i know its due to financial constraints, but some could make the effort, especially on a big budget film, even "Kellys Heroes" tried to get some accuracy in the tanks, the ones that are being made in this thread look great
    To true.I guess the best looking Tiger was in Saving Private Ryan.Appeared to have been made from a T34 Chassis (have a look at the running gear).
    Not a bad effort that one.
    Cheers
    Dave

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    To true.I guess the best looking Tiger was in Saving Private Ryan.Appeared to have been made from a T34 Chassis (have a look at the running gear).
    Not a bad effort that one.
    Cheers
    Dave
    hehe thats the same one used in Kellys Heros

Then again they could use this one
    Driving a Tiger Tank - YouTube

?

Went to an October fest in Joplin, Mo. today. Embibed in lots of beer and bratwurst.
    Shouldn't have shot my mouth off. I need to keep my military experiences to myself. Sorry.
    The prop tanks are great.
    Last edited by SteveR; 10-23-2011 at 04:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast