Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Inglourious Basterds

Article about: by Ingrid Patrouille Good choice of music too. Inglourious Basterds Soundtrack - Cat People (David Bowie) - YouTube I love this film, and I adore this scene! Great visuals, and brilliant son

Default Inglourious Basterds

Just watched the above film and loved EVERY minute of it

The SS officer Colonel Hans Landa played by Christoph Waltz and the SS officer in the bar scene played by August Diehl were outstanding!!!

What do other members think of it (forgetting the historical inaccuracies of course)

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Inglourious Basterds

I havent seen it but I was wondering if its actually any good? It seems to be so I think I'll part with £3.00 to buy it from Tescos

Thanks

Danny

iron cross
    ?

I think it is a bloody joke, I have only seen the adds but it looks like they are really putting down the Germans in a real made up way. Hey I am glad you enjoyed it but it is not my cup of tea.

Typical Tarrantino film, funny, and sometimes hard to follow, agreed the acting was superb, and i don't like Brad Pitt, but i think the part was right for him.

Taking away the fact that they changed history, ( and so saved millions of lives) I found it entertaining, after all that's what films are supposed to do. The uniforms were wrong too, wrong medals etc: but i enjoyed it. The soundtracks good too

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I havent seen it but I was wondering if its actually any good? It seems to be so I think I'll part with £3.00 to buy it from Tescos

Thanks

Danny

Danny the one in Tescos is the original one, not the current one

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Typical Tarrantino film, funny, and sometimes hard to follow, agreed the acting was superb, and i don't like Brad Pitt, but i think the part was right for him.

Taking away the fact that they changed history, ( and so saved millions of lives) I found it entertaining, after all that's what films are supposed to do. The uniforms were wrong too, wrong medals etc: but i enjoyed it. The soundtracks good too
    Well said John! Entertain is what the film does, and yes another brilliant Tarantino soundtrack!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Sorry to revive a dead thread.

But does anybody know which military decorations and details Hans Landa's uniform had in the film?

Specifically his cuff title on his dress uniform, from what I remember it was blank, was this normal on SS uniforms?

Thanks, guys.
    Lonny.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Danny the one in Tescos is the original one, not the current one
    yeah, it was the original one worth every penny

Thanks

Danny

?

I hated it. I knew it wasnt going to be a true war movie, but I didnt expect it to be as terrible as it was. But what made it worse was that it was a boarder-line comedy. People in the theatre were cracking up. Afterwards I heard people talking about how they "didnt realize that Nazi's were like that". One guy even said "I always wondered how Hitler died". If you havent seen the movie, I wont 'ruin' it for you, but in general it is Historical fiction, making a mockery of the war, soldiers, victims, etc. They even went so far as to have Hitler wearing a Nazi flag as a cape while throwing a tantrum. I've never been so angry to have spent money on a movie in my life

And I must say that it is certainly a tarentio (sp?) film. It is overly violent, the camera angles are ridiculous (one in the theatre lobby almost made me puke with the way the camera was spinning), and its just stupid. One thing that I will give it credit for, is the SS officer was a spectacular villian, almost Hannibal Lecter quality. Other than that though, it was a ridiculous waste of time, money, and attention.

Just my humble two cents though

jh92
    ?

Quote by RDUNE View Post
    I hated it. I knew it wasnt going to be a true war movie, but I didnt expect it to be as terrible as it was. But what made it worse was that it was a boarder-line comedy. People in the theatre were cracking up. Afterwards I heard people talking about how they "didnt realize that Nazi's were like that". One guy even said "I always wondered how Hitler died". If you havent seen the movie, I wont 'ruin' it for you, but in general it is Historical fiction, making a mockery of the war, soldiers, victims, etc. They even went so far as to have Hitler wearing a Nazi flag as a cape while throwing a tantrum. I've never been so angry to have spent money on a movie in my life

And I must say that it is certainly a tarentio (sp?) film. It is overly violent, the camera angles are ridiculous (one in the theatre lobby almost made me puke with the way the camera was spinning), and its just stupid. One thing that I will give it credit for, is the SS officer was a spectacular villian, almost Hannibal Lecter quality. Other than that though, it was a ridiculous waste of time, money, and attention.

Just my humble two cents though
    I agree that it was a terrible commedy!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast