Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Inspirational ww2 quotes?

Article about: i need to write a quote for my year book as i am graduating this year. i was hoping to use a ww2 quote, from any nation. So if you can help i would love it, just no quotes mentioning countri

?

Post Inspirational ww2 quotes?

i need to write a quote for my year book as i am graduating this year. i was hoping to use a ww2 quote, from any nation. So if you can help i would love it, just no quotes mentioning countries, racist ideology, or inappropriate stuff as i go to a catholic school.

all the best,
    Stefan

Default Re: Inspirational ww2 quotes?

"NUTS!" General Anthony Clement McAuliffe

Confidence... thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live. -FDR

My other favorite FDR quote is
    Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.

?

thanks, i will keep em in mind, anyone have any german ones?

"Never give in — never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense."

Winston Churchill in a speech at Harrow school, Harrow, 29th September 1941.

That's as good as any statement, moral or otherwise, to show how you intend to carry on in your future life, but you've gotta live up to it!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

bump

?

brainyquote.com
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

always liked this quote from Adlai E. Stevenson jr:
    If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. The free mind is not a barking dog, to be tethered on a ten-foot chain.