Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting read austrian tombstones

Article about: Here is something interesting I just saw and wanted to share it with you all. Swastika on Austrian tombstone defies official ban

Default Interesting read austrian tombstones

Here is something interesting I just saw and wanted to share it with you all.
    Swastika on Austrian tombstone defies official ban

An interesting read. Thanks for posting.

Thanks maximus. Has somebody been trying to scrub out the swaz? Looks like lots of sideways scratches?

Its an old grave and as a sign of respect to the person resting there it really shouldn't be touched imo

Yeah it lookes like someone tried to scratch it off at somepoint, a very touchy subject indeed.

People need to understand that this man's grave is from the 1930s. Even if he died today and wanted that to be his tombstone, I don't think anyone should have the right to deny him. To erase Nazi symbols from gravestones is to deny who these people were, why pretend like they weren't soldiers of the Third Reich by erasing the symbols? He was legitimately a soldier during this era and it represents the nation that he died for. This is just as disrespectful as the neo-Nazis that vandalize Jewish cemeteries. Disgusting.

Respect the dead. Even if at one point they were your enemy.