Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian Nebeltruppen?

Article about: Does anyone know what the Italian equivalent of the Nebeltruppen were called, and did the have the same colour piping?

Default Italian Nebeltruppen?

Does anyone know what the Italian equivalent of the Nebeltruppen were called, and did the have the same colour piping?

The Italian Army actually never fielded rocket artillery, there German counterparts used rocket artillery during defense of Italy did but there are no records of a "Italian Rocket artillery unit" when looking at the artillery compost list (to my understanding), they primary used howitzers and field-guns. Understanding that, the colour would remain the normal artillery yellow with one star. If it was a specialized unit it would then have the accompanying colour for either; mountain, air assault, air defense ect. The Italian army used many outdated artillery pieces for most of the war with many being horse drawn.
    Italian_battery_of_149-35_and_120-25_guns_captured_by_the_British.jpg

Thanks mate..thats very helpful..i just got an italian colonels complete uniform that has that colour piping to the jacket..havent photographed it yet

Throw some photos up mate when you have some time. I always love the Italian gear.

They are actually not the traditional artillery tabs I was thinking about, honestly i have never seen tabs like that before so Oldsteel or Ziomanno might have to help me out when they have time.

ive found them online, but they call them 'smoke troops'

Could you provide the link please mate.

Nice uniform M34 by Major "Outside Corps" (cross in the cap badge) of Engineers Flamethrower.

Congrats

Thanks for clearing that up oldsteel, I was think "other technical/outside corps" due to the purple.
    Your man wears the medals of the Italian War Merit Cross and the two unification medals.
    A very nice tunic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast