Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Item in need of discussion.

Article about: This badge just appeared in the classified section. I though I'd bring it to the forums attention as I feel it's not authentic...not the dreaded coffin shaped pin. Here's a link to the item:

Default Item in need of discussion.

This badge just appeared in the classified section. I though I'd bring it to the forums attention as I feel it's not authentic...note the dreaded coffin shaped pin.
    Here's a link to the item:
    NSKK Badge #2 - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    Here are photographs of the item in debate:
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    To the seller; please know I'm not in anyway saying you were aware this badge is fake. Some friendly advice if I may....several of your other items are overpriced and I seriously doubt they will sell here if that's what you're determined to get out of them as from what I've seen they're all common items.

Thanks. I have removed the advert.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I contacted the seller about these last night about this, and as you say, both badges are bad fakes. Many of these get collector approval (some have the correct style pin plate), but I don't really know for sure that any of them are genuine. Even the 'real' ones don't look all that believable.

I contacted this seller yesterday about his EK II and packet for sale. The packet was for a KVK and I notified him of this. He modified the sales thread and returned my PM with a thanks. I am sure if he is told of something like this, he will correct the situation or remove the sales thread.
    I will move this thread to the discussions section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sudetenland Gau Badge - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

That would be another one worth looking into before someone drops 4 large on a reproduction and ruins their day.

cheers

Matt

I would like to see an overhaul of our classifieds-posting criteria...I feel it gives WRF's professionalism a black-eye whenever fakes are offered for sale here, and the fact that anyone can post their crap for sale here without the items being vetted as original first should also be changed...Just my opinion, trying to make things better...
    cheers, Glenn