Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It's me or your collection

Article about: Looks like this could happen to any of us It's me or your collection! WWII buff plans to open museum after new wife tells him his hoard of 600 model aircraft, 20,000 toy soldiers and a FLAME

?

I will add that if for any reason that my family was in need. My collection would be for sale that day.
    There is that responsibility that we all except when we decide to bring new lives into this world that Family will always come first. For they are my true passion in this life of mine.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Agreed Phil! I've told my wife that if our son ever needed anything I would go so far as to liquidate the collection. We're very thankful that it's not necessary and not foreseeable but I'd do anything for that little man! I look forward to enjoying the collection and collecting with him in the future.

I'm lucky in that I began collecting after I met my wife and she's been incredibly supportive. In fact, her favorite room in the house is the "war room." She thinks it's cozy.

Quote by MAP View Post
    When I was dating my wife I was clear. I will always have my guns, my collection and a motorcycle. In the end, I was lucky. She is happy that I have my passions and supports me. She even bought me a motorcycle a few years back.

Wonderful woman. I am a lucky man.

(That said, I'm limited to one room in the house...lol...but that is a fair request..until I run out of room that is.)
    I did not mention that when my wife moved in, I had a motorcycle half apart in my living room.
    I told her it was just a temporary situation. Turned out to be (a year and a half)
    So I guess I can put up with her and her dolls.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    I'd do anything for that little man!
    As I had already deemed, Your a good man Ed

I love the use of the term "Little man". That is what I call all very young boy's who I speak to.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Greg,
    Who would ever bitch about a classic triumph chopper. It might be off the topic of this tread but would love to see a pic of how that turned out. 750cc?????

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by kradman View Post
    I have a Russian friend who had the same problem with his girlfriend and he told her you are easier to replace than the collection , She got the message
    I think this statement sums up the thread and is the best answer to give to an about face type of wife..who once WAS supportive ........ Well Said
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

thanks Phil.
    I had it 90% together at one point but had rushed through it just to get it done.
    I was so unhappy with it that I took it apart right down to the frame. Sence then
    I have spent countless hours grinding, molding and sanding just the frame. I have
    tried a few different front end styles (springer, girder and glide ) but have not found the
    one yet that I really like. So all said--I don't have a finished picture. I'll see if I can find
    some pictures of the different incarnations of it.

BTW-- not sure of the cc. It is a 650 bored .030 over.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2