Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It's me or your collection

Article about: Looks like this could happen to any of us It's me or your collection! WWII buff plans to open museum after new wife tells him his hoard of 600 model aircraft, 20,000 toy soldiers and a FLAME

?

Thumbs up

Well, since it sounds like he had the collection Before he had her, I'd tell her to live with it or take a hike!!! It isn't like she didn't know he collected this stuff Before they got married!
    I just love it when a woman decides she doesn't like whatever it is you collect and wants you to get rid of it After you get married.
    I had a good friend who that happened to. He made the decision real quick to start to sell off some of his collection to placate her. He didn't sell fast enuf to suit here and she began to raise hell. Ended up he got rid of her instead - He still has the collection!
    My X had a better solution, her and the boyfriend took most of my collection when she left and filed for divorce. I managed to force her to return part of the collection, and ended up Not having to pay her anything after the divorce, but I still lost 16 guns, 2 jeeps and a bunch of other stuff.
    Since I no longer have a wife I now have one hell of a good collection! All the $$ I would have spent on her has gone into the collection.
    'Sarge

Sound advice Sarge, the women in our lives know what they are getting in this "try before you buy" marriage culture. If the love of our lives suddenly about turns and makes demands on serious lifestyle changes, the boot could well be in order!! Leon.

I have a Russian friend who had the same problem with his girlfriend and he told her you are easier to replace than the collection , She got the message

My soon to be new wife was a bit freaked out the first night she stayed at my house.
    I had a display of military fighting knives and a couple swords on my (our) bedroom
    wall. She was not sure what kind of weird stuff I might be into.

We have been married now for 22 years and the knives are still there. (under protest
    at first) but they are still there. She puts up with my collecting military crap and the only
    real down side is that she has taken a fancy to collecting dolls
    Now there is not a room in the house where there is not a pair of creepy glass eyes looking
    back at me.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Get her one of these for Christmas!! Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2015-08-25 16.01.06 copy.jpgWolgemut_-_1493_-_tanz_der_gerippe.jpg781888d1419648318t-dr-breuers-heirs-still-business-whoopee-breuerwk3.jpg2015-07-25 00.33.51.jpg2015-07-18 10.00.16 copy.jpgMy wife is a Slovak, and has an avid interest in books on the history of the second world war and the cold war.

She never wants for anything as concerns her house, her car, her clothing, her cosmetics and her vacations, and my collection is never at her expense in any way.

My collection is more costly than the nice one pictured in Britain, but this man is a person after my own heart.

The wedding picture of him as a US Army paratrooper is touching.

Collectors of his type deserve our respect and support.

Non collectors have little insight into our relationship with the wider world and with the past.

The past deserves our care and respect, and for many, this idea is completely alien.

The mass today is more than content to be slaves to a smart phone and the lyrical aspects of angry birds.

Aldous Huxley would easily recognize the state of mind.

Collecting relics is a central part of our culture and civilization.

I cannot watch persons play computer games on a smart phone without some pain in my soul.

I wish this man all the best with his dear wife.

Moreover, I treasure in our British colleagues the centrality of eccentricity and individuality which is fast disappearing in other societies,
    especially in my own.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Non collectors have little insight into our relationship with the wider world and with the past.

The past deserves our care and respect, and for many, this idea is completely alien.
    Well said
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Now when I say or speak about the love's of my life, my second wife(Key word second) understands that I don't have a big enough safe to put her in there with my firearms . So we are good

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

When I was dating my wife I was clear. I will always have my guns, my collection and a motorcycle. In the end, I was lucky. She is happy that I have my passions and supports me. She even bought me a motorcycle a few years back.

Wonderful woman. I am a lucky man.

(That said, I'm limited to one room in the house...lol...but that is a fair request..until I run out of room that is.)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast