Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

July 1945 Mitchell Bomber flies into Empire State building in New York

Article about: I just found this video where 13 people were killed when a Mitchell Bomber was flying in bad fog conditions..and went into the top floors of the Empire State building. Oddly those on the gro

Default July 1945 Mitchell Bomber flies into Empire State building in New York

I just found this video where 13 people were killed when a Mitchell Bomber was flying in bad fog conditions..and went into the top floors of the Empire State building. Oddly those on the ground were just standing around watching.

Bomber Crashes into Empire State Building, July 1945 [Full Resolution] - YouTube
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

I remember this story. My Dad told me he saw it as a kid. A memory of my Dad forgotten by me, now remembered. Thank you Larry!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Over the years, I've seen several stories about it.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I think my great grandmother saw it happen too, according to family lore!

I must admit I had never heard of this accident. Thanks for sharing!

?

Saves using the lift !!!!!!!

The pilot actually came originally from the 315th Transport Carrier Group. (Flew C47's to D-Day, Arnhem, Varsity).

Eerie images of things to come !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

"Waiter ..... Waiter !!!!!!! There's a B25 in my soup !!!!!! "