Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Keep Us in Your Prayers Please...

Article about: Steve, So sorry to hear about your wife. I can appreciate what you are going through, my wife beat cancer about 20 years ago and there is always the fear of it coming back. Our thoughts and

Default Re: Keep Us in Your Prayers Please...

Steve,
    I am glad that you have found a cause for this problem and that
    it is something that can be fixed. It's too bad it took a seizure
    and accident too find out the dosage wasn't working.

I am curious, if going back to the old dosage works and this can be controled with medication, will she get here driving privliges
    back?

Greg
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you all for your continued concern and for your sharing your personal experiences as well. My heart goes out to those who have experienced much more tumultuous circumstances than I.

As far as driving, in Texas, an MD can revoke a license, and the requirement is six months seizure-free before reinstatement.

When my wife had her first accident in 2001, they didn't file anything through the state because I was the one who took her license. Obviously, they knew that I would in no way let her drive. In fact, I wouldn't let her get behind the wheel for over two years after the accident. This was all prior to her brain surgery in 2007.

That accident nearly resulted in her losing her life. She and my daughter were driving down the highway when she seized. She accelerated to over 65 mph, the car veered off of the freeway, ran across the exit road, over the side access road and crashed into a one foot concrete reinforced metal pole...on hospital property. The impact totaled the new vehicle she was driving, and was severe enough to push the transmission against the floor board of the car and wrinkled the roof of the car. Before the car came to rest, she plowed through a tree and one of the limbs came through the wind shield of the car, hitting her in the face. Her injuries included a punctured lung, lacerated liver, trauma to head and nose requiring plastic surgery. My daughter experienced burn marks to her shoulders from the straps on her car seat. She was of course traumatized but was not admitted to the hospital. The impact was so hard, that the thick metal tension clasp used to secure the car seat to the seat belt was twisted out of shape - but it held her in place thank God. The day that I received a call from the police still haunts me, and I can still recall nearly being paralyzed with fear when I heard the officer say..."Sir, you need to get to the hospital as soon as you can."

After she was released, of course I would not let her drive and the restricted life took a toll on us again. She was so angry at me, she actually left home and filed for divorce in early 2002. We went all the way to getting temporary orders, and before it was final, she changed her mind and asked if I would take her back. Needless to say, I did.

From 2005-2006, I made her stop driving again as I started noticing that she was having more symptoms of pre-seizure activity. This did NOT go over well with her and she told me many times over the next few months that I was "the meanest person on earth", and that she "couldn't stand me". I recall even being told that she didn't want me any more and she wanted to leave (again). She wouldn't talk to me and there was a lot of door-slamming and hateful looks for a while. I know that she felt her independence was taken from her, hence the hateful words so I tried to keep that in mind. But I told her that I would rather have her hate me and have a long life, than to end up dead. Finally, she realized that I was looking out for her own best interest as well as my daughter's. After her surgery, she did tell me that she was so very sorry for all the hell she put me through, and that she didn't deserve to be with me. She told me that I should be with someone else who can make me happy - I told her that I couldn't hold her prior behavior against her as it was the numerous medications talking and not the person that I married, and that we needed to just forget the past and start from that point over again. Pheeeeeewww....sorry for the novel, I got started and couldn't stop.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Steven
    I will keep your family in my prayer.May God's grace and healing be upon your wife and your family richly according to His abounding love.

Matthew 12:20 A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.

All Blessings
    Kevin

Steve,
    I can't imagine how tough this must be on the both of you.
    I hope she has a speedy recovery and that you guys will work
    everything out.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

May the Grace of God bless you & your family in this time of need,
    We will keep you & yours in our prayers
    Mariusz

I wanted my last post to this thread to be a positive one, and I feel comfortable in my following statements.

My wife is back to her post-operation condition which is very good! I can't convey in words how much your support, encouragement and well wishes have meant to me. It is very easy to to forget the beliefs to which you hold firm to in good times when things are bad. The references to verses and God's love have touched me deeply. Though every word posted here by you, my friends, will always remain dear to me, there is one reference to verse that touched me to my very core...Matthew 12:20 A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.

I have repeated this aloud and in my mind many times since I was reminded of it here. I offer you all my sincerest thanks for your kindness, understanding and thoughtful posts. Thanks to all as well who contacted me by PM to offer an uplifting word...you guys are tops in my book.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

jh92
    ?

I hope everything works out Steve. God bless!!!

Hi Steve
    I am so glad to hear that your wife is becoming well.May The Lord keep to strengthen your wife and you with his mighty power.May His grace and blessing rest upon your family richly everyday.I will keep to pray for your families especially for your wife.

All Blessings
    Kevin

?

Steve,God bless you and your family, I know exactly how you felt then and even now. In 2000, my wife collapsed with a massive brain anuerism, she was given a 20percent chance of survival over night. I remember praying outside the hospital and im not an ardent church goer, but this peaceful feeling came over me and i knew right then that something good would happen, It did and the wifes still with me,although i was told that she was a miracle for having survived i am still prone to worry and i dare say thats how you feel but positive thinking is the key and now your wife has the correct dosage live life to the full.god bless.

You got my prayers Steve

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast