Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Korean War Armistice 60 Years

Article about: Lest We Forget

Default Korean War Armistice 60 Years

Lest We Forget

?

Default Re: Korean War Armistice 60 Years

My grandpa served from 51-52. I'm always so grateful for his service, he always reminisces over my gear because he used it also lol. I had to remind him yesterday at lunch about today, he totally forgot, and after he heard it a smile appeared on his face.
    Ryan

I see they refurbished and hauled out to display the USS Pueblo for the 60 year "Day of Victory" celebration...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quoted from Wikipedia...."Pueblo, still held by North Korea today, officially remains a commissioned vessel of the United States Navy.[4] It was moored along the Taedong River in Pyongyang, and used there as a museum ship. Pueblo is the only ship of the U.S. Navy currently being held captive..(.end quote )

Maybe we need to take captive their big hats..and taking away their use of " tall people intimidation" .

Anyway...why they still have it as it is far past any classified information compared to todays technology..unless they see this as a "war trophy" Most of our declassified obsolete ships now here in the US have either been destined to the razor blade factory or about to.
    For the North Koreans,,since it is a Museum..im sure there is a Buffet inside also......watch out for the fat kid in black
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

My grandfather was in the Marines got stationed in Japan right at tail end of the war, so he didn't see any combat thankfully.

I am having a visit today from a friend who was a U S Marine cartographer in Korea. He brought home a Japanese Arisaka rifle and bayonet he got from a North Korean KIA. I will also remind him of today.
    I recall on the day of the armistice seeing some USAF jets flying over coming from the West. In a child's mind, I thought they were returning from Korea. I thought it was all over and everyone immediately came home. It is sad that even to this day, the North Koreans are still a threat to peace.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I recently finished reading an Excellent book on the Korean War: "The Coldest Winter" by David Halberstam. It explained alot of gray areas I had always wondered about. I would highly recommend it for anyone who has ever looked into the war but found it confusing. If you need a copy of it, let me know!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This reminds me that I need to visit my grandfather tomorrow. May he rest peacefully.