MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

The Krakow Ghetto Pharmacy

Article about: Portal Historyczny: The Krakow Ghetto Pharmacy by Tadeusz Pankiewicz This book has been out of print in English for a long time, i spotted it for sale in a book shop during a recent visit to

Thumbs up The Krakow Ghetto Pharmacy

Pankiewicz.jpg
    Portal Historyczny: The Krakow Ghetto Pharmacy by Tadeusz Pankiewicz
    This book has been out of print in English for a long time, i spotted it for sale in a book shop during a recent visit to Krakow and snapped it up. Please read the link as it explains the book far better than i can. Anybody with an interest in the holocaust this book is a must read, very interesting and well written!...

Looks like a fun read, Gunny! Enjoy the read.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Looks like a fun read, Gunny! Enjoy the read.

Mark
    I wouldn't exactly say fun but it's well worth a read, just finished it about an hour ago!...

Hi Gunny, well done on finding this book, I was recently at the site of the Plaszow camp myself with Carl B and Matty, so this holds a particular interest to me. I will keep an eye out for a copy myself as it looks like a very interesting account. Here are a couple of pictures of the Schindler factory/Amon Goeth's house(the balcony is on the other side) and the marker at the former camps grounds. Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Gunny, well done on finding this book, I was recently at the site of the Plaszow camp myself with Carl B and Matty, so this holds a particular interest to me. I will keep an eye out for a copy myself as it looks like a very interesting account. Here are a couple of pictures of the Schindler factory/Amon Goeth's house(the balcony is on the other side) and the marker at the former camps grounds. Leon.
    Thanks for the interest Leon, the book has now been reprinted so is easy to get hold of (in Poland at least). A couple of years ago i was lucky enough to get a tour of the interior of Goeth's house, during a Schindler tour the owner invited us inside!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Thanks for the interest Leon, the book has now been reprinted so is easy to get hold of (in Poland at least). A couple of years ago i was lucky enough to get a tour of the interior of Goeth's house, during a Schindler tour the owner invited us inside!...
    That must have been a very eerie experience Gunny. I felt uneasy just being outside the place, apparently someone has just bought it after several years of it being on the market, hence the new windows on my picture. I could not imagine living in that place myself, but I guess for some it is just a house. Leon.

Just ordered a copy Gunny, Amazon had it. Thanks for putting me on to it as I had not seen this one before! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    That must have been a very eerie experience Gunny. I felt uneasy just being outside the place, apparently someone has just bought it after several years of it being on the market, hence the new windows on my picture. I could not imagine living in that place myself, but I guess for some it is just a house. Leon.
    It belonged to a very elderly Polish guy when we were there, i assume he has died if it has been sold!...
    The infamous balcony and cellar!...IMG_1590.jpgIMG_1597.jpg