Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Legal action when exposing fakes for sale.

Article about: I just noticed this thread on another forum on a similar topic. http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ad.php?t=28277

Default Re: Legal action when exposing fakes for sale.

there's a very interesting thought.

if you think about him - he is everywhere and at all times - unless this guy runs it as a full time job then yes it is possible
    think about the time to register on all the forums, create fake ads, find "merchandise" to sell, set-up emails etc
    Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,

Polish Militaria 1914-1945 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/124584324789966/
    GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/

I would like to say that as far as Mr. Nowak is concerned, his modus operandii generally comes down to selling goods that do not exist. He uses photo's of other peoples property and then makes up a story that he owns them and wishes to sell them at a very attractive price.

Collector sees, collector likes, collector pays, collector is shafted! This is fraud, and is provable as such whichever country that has democratic law exists. So, never in a million years will Mr. Nowak or other low life scum sucking pieces of amphibian sh!t like him pursue a conviction for libel, slander, defamation of character whatever you want to call it because he has a provable record of theft by fraud, or at the very least enough evidence stacked against him and his dealings to negate a successful outcome in his favour.

Just weigh up the pro's and con's, it'll never happen, it would be like commiting financial suicide with a fair chance of imprisonment as well.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    i think that pawel nowak is more than one person - it is probably a group of online scammers.
    You mean like......?????

8y758p.jpg

"That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the (collector) world he didn't exist......And POOF, your money is gone...."*

*With apologies to the ficticious Keyser Soze.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

i got a great laugh out of this last post big ned! ahaha!

Good one - almost like that but less classy :-)
    Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,

Polish Militaria 1914-1945 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/124584324789966/
    GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/

definitely. definitely less classy.

?

I have used attorneys before and am friends with some through the veterans organizations I belong to and have spoken to them about matters such as this. If some overly sensitive crook wants to file a lawsuit for lible his chances are practicaly nil that he could find a lawyer to take a case on contingency that the lawyer believes he might loose. An attorney will not waist his time and money simply because his pay will be a percentage of the court award. The cost of lawsuit attorney if you decide to file suit for lible, a written impengement of character, ( at least where I live ) would be at the very least $3,000 plus court filing fees. A good attorney will want $10,000 up front.
    The chance of a foreign court awarding an amount for lible and being able to collect that amount locally is zero. It will NEVER happen.
    Usually a crook might pay a lawyer a couple of hundered dollars to send a form letter of intent to sue but that doesn't mean shit. Lawfirms normally won't even bother to do that. They have to bring suit in the defendants local jurisdiction if they hope to have any chance of getting anything which usually wouldn't even be as much as they paid ther lawyer to start with. Then the plantiff has to prove that he has had monetary damages because of the written lible. In case of a court award it is up to the persons attorney to collect the amount, civil courts are not collection agencies and they cannot put you in jail for nonpayment. Criminal courts are where you are given jail time. The best that any attorney can do is to garanshee a nominal amount from paid wages. That is the worst that can happen.
    So setting and quivering like a dog shittin razor blades because someone threatens to sue you is a useless endeavor. Tell them to fvckoff. If you are still concerned about being sued just preface any statement with " In my opinion ". You cannot be sued for having an opinion. So to quote a song from the 80s "Don't worry, be happy"

?

Pure BS! I consulted several prominent American lawyers a decade or so ago about expressing a derogatory opinion of a certain politician in printed media. I was advised as long as I acted alone and financed it myself, it was an individuals opinion. If I acted with another or others, it would have been an association, therefore susceptible to libel law suits. So, an individual is entitled to an opinion and groups can or may expose them self to law suits. As simple disclaimer on a forum should suffice if the forum is so inclined to cover its arse. I was always taught you stand up to bullies and call BS what it is.

The views expressed and materials presented represent the personal views of individual members and do not represent the opinion of the........................

well... like i said... they're overreacting trying to muzzle peoples' opinions on forums.

an opinion is something that is protected and everyone is free to have one.

when forums start worrying about that, they're going to be useless.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast