Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Legal Advice

Article about: well mine dose come with a sling & if their pictures are anything to go by mines in better condition also everyone else sells them from £465 upwards depending on age & deact spec &am

?

Default Legal Advice

hi guys

can anyone help me out with some legal advice on sending British Deact weapons internationally as some of you might know Ive been trying to sell my Thompson M1A1 Ive had a guy from the US asking about it but as i dont know if its even legal for me to do so Ive had to turn him down & i cant find a lot of info online so im hoping someone here may be able to point me in the right direction ??

Domestically it is not so complicated, but internationally it is ridiculously hard. Both countries laws must apply during the shipping process. For example if you were going to send it to the states you would have to select a service such as UPS which allows the transport of any type of firearm, deac or open spec. I have never attempted international shipping with deac weapons but even my replicas get seized by customs and the process of getting them released is a pain.
    here is an exmple of UPS firearms regulations. UPS: Shipping Firearms

Morris

Hi Nick, not legal in the USA. Don't even think about it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

As Ade says, don't even think about it.

Find a British buyer and don't advertise it abroad.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

thanks guys

i had a feeling it would be more trouble than its worth to ship internationally so thanks again guys your replies are much appreciated

Nick the same goes for entering into the UK as well,also iv'e been told that even Bayonets/swords etc are also very difficult,just stay at home with these items,never knew you had a Thompson for sale.........Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nick the same goes for entering into the UK as well,also iv'e been told that even Bayonets/swords etc are also very difficult,just stay at home with these items,never knew you had a Thompson for sale.........Jake.
    Ive never tried to ship a deact internationally, but have brothers-in-law in the states, and their 'deact' is completely different from ours, they call it d-milled and it basically involves cutting the receiver into three pieces, so it cant be reactivated.
    If you were going to ship it it would have to enter the states as a 'live' firearm.... noend of red tape.
    Even harder going the other way, I tried to get replacement stock for a mosin from a dealer in the states, and it never arrived having been returned to sender from our customs!! and that is only a lump of wood!!

as for edged weapons, I buy them all the time from the states, and have never had any issues, even though it obviously states 'bayonet' or 'machete' etc they come straight in.

good luck with the sale, im sure someone on this forum based in the UK is on the hunt for one!
    stick it in the classifieds.

kind regards
    Ed

Cheers Ed for the heads up on the Bayonet situation into the UK...............Jake.

?

cheers guys

its been in the classified section since July 8th & had 118 views but no interest

Quote by NickD View Post
    cheers guys

its been in the classified section since July 8th & had 118 views but no interest
    lovelly looking gun, but maybe the price is a little high for a quick sale? (don't mean to be rude)
    I might be wrong with the price, but D&B militaria are selling one at £395, and they tend to price thing on the high side.
    Deactivated Thompson M1A1 SMG

Kind regards
    Ed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast