Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Legion of the Damned'

Article about: Great news! The rights to Sven Hassel's book series has been sold to Maundi and Artists Studios for development into a major TV series!! Cant wait!! Nick

Default 'Legion of the Damned'

Great news! The rights to Sven Hassel's book series has been sold to Maundi and Artists Studios for development into a major TV series!!

Cant wait!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hmm. Loved the books when i was about 15 - but the films...oh my gosh!

When I read the title 'Legion of the Damned' I mistakenly thought it was referring to our "fair weather friends" who post in the SS rings forum.....

No, not you Odal!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hope it's better than the last effort Nick !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I think the Sven Hassel books could make for some excellent movies if the right director, screen writer and cast are found. However, you have to ask what market there is for them nowadays.
    I wonder if the 'brand' has been damaged by the awful 'Wheels of Terror' (Misfit Brigade) film from 1987?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I think the Sven Hassel books could make for some excellent movies if the right director, screen writer and cast are found. However, you have to ask what market there is for them nowadays.
    I wonder if the 'brand' has been damaged by the awful 'Wheels of Terror' (Misfit Brigade) film from 1987?
    This.

+ the other assorted info emerging about the character behind the books.

Agreed! A dreadful film!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Yep that was bloody awefull , i look foreward to the new offerings!...

The company making the series is a leading British TV production company , they made The Fall and Thorne.

Should be very atmospheric, haunting and edge of your seat stuff judging by those successes.

I hope they keep the story to the books

Nick

56447.jpg
    Let's hope they do a better job of replicating vehicles than this one!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast