Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lets talk about copy's...

Article about: Well here it is. I learned a lot with that small treath about the gold verwundetenabzeichen. There is one thing that I am wundering : why do copiers obviously make a mistake in theire copy's

Default lets talk about copy's...

Well here it is. I learned a lot with that small treath about the gold verwundetenabzeichen.
    There is one thing that I am wundering : why do copiers obviously make a mistake in theire copy's. It is so simple to copy!
    However thise seems to change, as I spoke to some one ,lately, who is for many years in the militaria and told me he can't tell copy's from genuine any more.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: lets talk about copy's...

Yes, but if you take the Toledo copy daggers from the 70'ties ....if you want to make a copy , you need a master piece.. to me it seams that the Toledo's have been made from a master piece that has been made in plaster, argile or something else... copied by an artist from a picture or from an original, but it is so much easyer to use a genuine one as a master piece!!

cheers
    |<ris

It has been suggested that when the Russians stormed through Germany,some of the dies went with them. Whether that's an urban legend or not i don't know. But if they're in the wrong hands maybe that's the reason for some fakes. And believe me the fakers are here in the forums amongst us finding out where they went wrong from our comments. Stewy

Attached Images Attached Images

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by stewy View Post
    It has been suggested that when the Russians stormed through Germany,some of the dies went with them. . Stewy
    I was born in 1960 and I had some! I leave in Antwerp and emptied , in the early 90'ties a factory called Indian Cap's. Thise factory had the greatest collection ever of matrixe's, mostly Belgian button's and bages , however I fund dies for Prussian, Russian, Egyptian, Dutch even American items.And off course III Reich ....but only a few ....much disapaired before I got there. I think I still have the "wolfs hook". I even had the machines. I sold the machines to a German and most of the matrixes went to a Eastern Europe country.
    I'll put some pictures on one of thise days, it was crazy. It took us 3 mounths to empty the factory.And we had only 10 miles to drive!!
    But if they're in the wrong hands maybe that's the reason for some fakes. And believe me the fakers are here in the forums amongst us finding out where they went wrong from our comments
    They sure are!

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    what does it say JP?
    The ennemy is listening!

cheers
    |<ris

what does it say JP?
    Phil i don't know what it says. But i'm a bricklayer & that makes me look dodgy & i ain't am i Phil,old buddy,old pal. Stewy
    PS. I like the pic i may use it on my buisness card

Quote by stuka f View Post
    The ennemy is listening!
    That's exactly what i say if the customer doesn't bring me a cup of tea out. Stewy

?

The poster reads "PSST the enemy is listening"" these were posted all over the place in the III Reich.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

how would you know what a customer is? last time you worked they paid in white fivers
    Groats mate,Groats. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast