MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Letting our imaginations run wild? ....... be honest!

Article about: I do too, I look for newer items that still look like the originals and wear them while hunting, or walking through the woods in the summer. I have a west german and east german set of LBE t

?

Default Re: Letting our imaginations run wild? ....... be honest!

The Vimoutiers Tiger Martin !! My favourite beast !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Dan, I'm glad to hear you like the binos and also that they are not just a static display item and still get looked through.

I do try items on to see if they fit, helmets, hats or tunics etc, but only for that purpose, honest.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    I am astonished and disappointed at the childish and immature nature of this thread !

I am only concerned with dedicating myself to serious research !

I simply can't imagine myself doing any playacting ..................

I cannot see any attempt at playacting Martin - you look nothing like Wittmann!!!!! ........
    Actually, on second thoughts its.... quite spooky!
    Cheers, Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Danmark; 12-11-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Dan, I'm glad to hear you like the binos and also that they are not just a static display item and still get looked through.
    Seriously Jerry, they have a certain ....... aura to them! I have a couple of helmets like that, sometime I go out to the garage office where my stuff is and I swear they have swapped positions on the shelf!!! ......... either I am imagining it or there is a spirit out there that likes to dress up too!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I often like to dress as a WW2 Italian 'Chariot' submariner whilst in the comfort of my own home. I indulge in fantasies of skillfully guiding my human torpedo into the enemies protected harbour and depositing my deadly load under the bottom of unsuspecting merchantmen....It's a fairly solitary indulgence and I generally wait until everyones gone out for the day....

Now, where's the talc....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Well i certainly dont use my 6x30 Voightlanders for viewing the WW2 aircraft that fly over my house regularly, nor do i stand in front of the mirror with my M42 on my noggin or the luftwaffe cap or the artillery officers cap or the 4 Mk11 tommies, or the two American lids, or the Afrika Korps m43, not until her indoors goes out anyway, nor do i smell the leather or the metal, the last time i did, she caught me and thought she'd married a real weirdo!!!!!!!!

Christ Ned. All those poor seamen on the bottom, you have blood (or something) on your hands...

I occasionally wear a helmet I must admit

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I often like to dress as a WW2 Italian 'Chariot' submariner whilst in the comfort of my own home. I indulge in fantasies of skillfully guiding my human torpedo into the enemies protected harbour and depositing my deadly load under the bottom of unsuspecting merchantmen....It's a fairly solitary indulgence and I generally wait until everyones gone out for the day....

Now, where's the talc....

Classic, I almost spilled my coffee then...Ned, you are one funny gentleman my friend!

Quote by davejb View Post
    Well i certainly dont use my 6x30 Voightlanders for viewing the WW2 aircraft that fly over my house regularly, nor do i stand in front of the mirror with my M42 on my noggin or the luftwaffe cap or the artillery officers cap or the 4 Mk11 tommies, or the two American lids, or the Afrika Korps m43, not until her indoors goes out anyway, nor do i smell the leather or the metal, the last time i did, she caught me and thought she'd married a real weirdo!!!!!!!!
    Weirdos are the funniest to be around!!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Just thought back to last autumn...

One day I was riding the tram in Prague, wearing my long black coat, and as I was stood at the rear of the car, a large German Shepherd got on, seemingly unattended, took a quick glance at me and came and sat right next to where I was standing. The locals were somewhat bemused, and the looks I received were of an interesting nature. But I didn't actually do anything...it was the dog. I guess it was he who was playing that day, not I...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast