Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

The Lost Battalion.....need help...

Article about: Hey guys,,,,I haven't been on in quite a while but I need your help. I've been instructed by my history teacher to watch the movie the Lost Battalion and discuss anything that may be inaccur

Default The Lost Battalion.....need help...

Hey guys,,,,I haven't been on in quite a while but I need your help. I've been instructed by my history teacher to watch the movie the Lost Battalion and discuss anything that may be inaccurate to what really occurred. I have already watched the movie and have many ideas down, but It is always great to have other opinions. Thank you.

?

Default Re: The Lost Battalion.....need help...

My suggestion is that you log on to ask.com or google and type in 77th division WWI.
    There will be several sites to look at.
    Read the information provided and make your own decisions as to what might be the disparities in the movie and real history.
    What you will be doing is research. You need to do this on your own.
    Steve Ray
    A retired college professor.

The 2001 film 'The Lost Battalion' was actually a remake of the 1919 movie of the same name. The great thing about the 1919 version was that many of the characters were played by the actual men who took part in the action in the Argonne Forest, inluding the commanding officer, Major Charles Whittlesey, who played himself in it. You couldn't get much more authentic than that I suppose

Rob

Quote by SteveR View Post
    My suggestion is that you log on to ask.com or google and type in 77th division WWI.
    There will be several sites to look at.
    Read the information provided and make your own decisions as to what might be the disparities in the movie and real history.
    What you will be doing is research. You need to do this on your own.
    Steve Ray
    A retired college professor.
    It isn't a research paper at all. It is more of "show what you already know" type of deal. I just wanted to make sure what I have down is factual. The paper is already done (unless I think of anything else) but like I said I feel it is always a good thing to have other ideas

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    The 2001 film 'The Lost Battalion' was actually a remake of the 1919 movie of the same name. The great thing about the 1919 version was that many of the characters were played by the actual men who took part in the action in the Argonne Forest, inluding the commanding officer, Major Charles Whittlesey, who played himself in it. You couldn't get much more authentic than that I suppose

Rob
    Thanks! This helps me out a bit.