Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M32 Black Gabardine Reproduction SS Unform Ideas

Article about: Hi Guys, I am embarking on an M32 black gabardine wool reproduction SS uniform project. For me at the moment a lot the original stuff is way too expensive, especially items of the early SS I

Question M32 Black Gabardine Reproduction SS Unform Ideas

Hi Guys, I am embarking on an M32 black gabardine wool reproduction SS uniform project. For me at the moment a lot the original stuff is way too expensive, especially items of the early SS I’ve noticed. I assume the reason is due to most of it being recycled during or destroyed after the war. In any case it’s a nice opportunity to get some ideas and to learn along the way without spending astronomical amounts of money.

I thought it would be a fun thread to get into; currently I have four options to go with depending on what reproduction material is available.

SS Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
    SS Totenkopfverbande
    SS Hauptamt
    SD Hauptamt

My current thinking is to go for a uniform portraying a middle grade to senior officer, Hauptsturmführer to Obersturmbannführer in the late 1930s with the latter being my preferred choice. I’m thinking maybe our man was a vet who has at least won the EK2 at the end of the Great War and has been in the SS since the late 1920s to early 1930s.

The thing is it’s a mine field out there with many potential pitfalls so any knowledge would be greatly appreciated as to what kinds of insignia, medals and political awards would be correct for the time period between 1936 and 1938

Also I’ve noticed the quality of some reproduction stuff is not good at all! Probably a good thing when spotting the fakes!!! However I am going to attempt to be as accurate as possible!! This means thinking outside the box when facing problems which is part of the allure to the project.

bnz
    ?

Default Re: M32 Black Gabardine Reproduction SS Unform Ideas

I perfectly undestand reasons why you want a reproduction but no matter how authentic it will look it will never "come-to-live" / never give you that "buzz" that you get from original items (from my experience). In other words it is like a plastic MP40 toy and a real fully-functioning one.

I know it's true, but then if your strapped for cash as I am at the moment it's the next best thing.

bnz
    ?

All collectors strapped for cash (and always at that) to tell you the truth it is a part of being a collector ;]
    Before I started collecting original materials I thought and did the same thing as you do now but I aready shared with you my experience and told you how you will feel in the end. Sorry, in this hobby man best or nothing, we have no other choice, no fake in between.
    I always wanted a black Allgemeine SS tunic too, never got one - still do not want fake.

I do know what you mean. Up until now I have only been collecting the medals and political awards, not realy botherd with cloth items. This in its self is difficult enough and some fakes a real good too, not good IMHO.

Attachment 473058cap price list.jpgclothes ad.jpgkleider_8.jpgkleider_6.jpgkleider_7.jpg2007_04_12_ssuniform.jpg00691673.jpgDie_Uniformen_der_Allgemeinen_SS.jpgDienstkleidung late :34.jpgAuthentic regalia is and end in itself. Also, please note that in this space, we aspire to use the terms of the era, and "M32" is not one of them. Such collector baby talk terms only confuse most people and tend to irritate the persons of experience whose help you require.

Thanks again.... Your right it was kind of loose of me to say M32, its almost as bad as saying "the back uniform was only worn by the Allgemeine SS" which it wasn't, sorry about that.

DSC02012.jpgSaaz Fuehrer.jpgallg69-1.jpgDSCN1003.jpgDSCN0993.jpgDSCN1000.jpg910(3).jpg910(7).jpg910p.jpg910.jpg
    Quote by pauls1178 View Post
    Thanks again.... Your right it was kind of loose of me to say M32, its almost as bad as saying "the back uniform was only worn by the Allgemeine SS" which it wasn't, sorry about that.
    Thank you. I am a scold, but precision is more helpful for all.
    There were apparently subtle changes in the uniform from 1932 until 1934, which gives rise to confusion and more. Or the thing was not standardized as it became later.
    This stalwarts of this site resist collector baby talk and inside base ball syndrome.
    We strive to make the original terms useful.
    Of course, the Germans had nick names for many items, which is perfectly alright with me to use.

this is the first time i have heard the term "scold" used as a synonym for "educator".

be that as it may, the best and most devoted of these can use what term they like.

the OP can build it or not but the real education will come from frequenting these pages and that without "spending astronomical amounts of money". the membership is quite cheap and the dividends priceless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast