Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Malta on Holiday.

Article about: Hi Guys...Me and the wife are off to Malta in about 3 weeks for our holidays....we are staying in Melihia (sp) and might hire a car... Righty,. anyone know of a decent place or places to go

?

Default Malta on Holiday.

Hi Guys...Me and the wife are off to Malta in about 3 weeks for our holidays....we are staying in Melihia (sp) and might hire a car...

Righty,. anyone know of a decent place or places to go look at buying some WW2 militaria ?? i.e. flea markets, dealers who wont strip me naked...???

I'm also going to be contacting the RAF/Aircraft museum for a wee bit of help with some research I'm doing...( I'll report back)...

Thanks in advance...

Quote by Norrie View Post
    Hi Guys...Me and the wife are off to Malta in about 3 weeks for our holidays....we are staying in Melihia (sp) and might hire a car...

Righty,. anyone know of a decent place or places to go look at buying some WW2 militaria ?? i.e. flea markets, dealers who wont strip me naked...???

I'm also going to be contacting the RAF/Aircraft museum for a wee bit of help with some research I'm doing...( I'll report back)...

Thanks in advance...
    Great place Malta, I was there last October
    I wouldn't bother hiring a car, I would simply use the tour buss or the local service buses, they are very cheap !

I think you will struggle buying militaria there, I asked everywhere in Valletta and got no where

You could try the local market at Birgu (Vittoriosa ) 3 cities.

The museum at ta qali airfield is very good

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post

See my first post

You have to be early, all I could find was a rusty British Jerry Can

See my first post

You have to be early, all I could find was a rusty British Jerry Can[/QUOTE]

Didn't see that mate!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    See my first post

You have to be early, all I could find was a rusty British Jerry Can
    Didn't see that mate!....[/QUOTE]

Not to worry, the 3 cities are a superb visit, I can recommend the Malta War Museum there and a walk down into the Air Raid shelters !
    Attached Images Attached Images

My opinion is just being there is a great find in itself...enjoying the centuries old history of that country ..through both world wars and until present. Im sure there is alot more there to offer than a few antique shops.

Being in the US I would more than love to just stand in that country along with many other European and Asian countries that had their share of conflict in those wars. Photos are everything

Sounds like a good time going there on Vacation . take tons of pics Norrie

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    My opinion is just being there is a great find in itself...enjoying the centuries old history of that country ..through both world wars and until present. Im sure there is alot more there to offer than a few antique shops.

Being in the US I would more than love to just stand in that country along with many other European and Asian countries that had their share of conflict in those wars. Photos are everything

Sounds like a good time going there on Vacation . take tons of pics Norrie

Best Regards Larry
    I agree Larry, I wouldn't waste my time trying to find antique shops, I would try and explore as much as the Island as possible.

Valletta is a great place if one likes history, the architecture is amazing, plus lots of WW2 history of course !
    Attached Images Attached Images

MAP
    ?

A bit of a detour...If one was to go to Malta, how long of a stay would be appropriate?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    A bit of a detour...If one was to go to Malta, how long of a stay would be appropriate?
    A week would do, but 10 days would be ideal

Its really only a small Island, a visit to Gozo is a bonus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast