MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is it me, or is this in really bad taste?

Article about: yeah...the transport is a dead giveaway It must be the money/fame...

Default Re: Is it me, or is this in really bad taste?

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    Let me rephrase something that I stated in my above posting. Even though my books are being advertised on my website, I am not asking you to view it because of that however, only from an educationl perspective that is related to the subject matter of this thread.
    Where do you get off?

3mk
    ?

1 more shocking thing is that some of the items are even FANTASY!!Thats completly ignorant that someone is making items that never existed and sells them as originals

Quote by 3mk View Post
    1 more shocking thing is that some of the items are even FANTASY!!Thats completly ignorant that someone is making items that never existed and sells them as originals
    There are plenty of mugs out there buying fake Nazi stuff as well. Someone made a comment once that there are more SS Generals caps for sale than there were SS Generals. I still find it hard to believe that some collectors feel it is ok to collect anything connected to the SS - the very organisation most closely linked to mass-extermination, but think it wrong to collect items linked to their victims.

As for such arguments that these things belong in a museum, you could say that about a lot of Nazi militaria. Its worth pointing out also that e-bay allow concentration camp items to be sold, but not the sale of anything bearing the swastika.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    There are plenty of mugs out there buying fake Nazi stuff as well. Someone made a comment once that there are more SS Generals caps for sale than there were SS Generals. I still find it hard to believe that some collectors feel it is ok to collect anything connected to the SS
    Hi Harry, good point, but I don't think every SS member was a raving fanatic. It's always the minority that causes the problems. Not that I condone or agree with any political thoughts that the party had, just stating you shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush. I have met a few SS vets, and to be honest they fought for the same beliefs we did.

And a quote from my blog, that more or less confirms what you said about the amount of fakes about

If there were as many German soldiers in WWII as there are reproductions of German badges on the market, the Allied forces would have been outnumbered 10000 to 1 in every battle they fought and we'd all be wearing leather shorts and speaking German right now

That's not right, bad production.

Hi John,
    You get me wrong, I don't see anything wrong in collecting SS items. I am just making the point that it is they that are most closely linked to the death camps and all that went on, not to mention the extermination squads. So, for someone to think it rather sick to collect (genuine) concentration camp stuff but ok to collect SS memorabillia seems rather twisted logic to me.

The recent theft of the concentration camp sign was put down to 'collectors of nazi memorabillia' by the press. So in some quarters we collectors of nazi items are thought of as being a bit 'sick' in our choice of hobby. I knew from an early age of the death camps, my neighbour I knew when I was a child spent several years in one (I think it was Belsen) and she always had a haunted look about her.

I too met many SS veterans (and others) when I was stationed in Germany in the late 60's and early 70's. One I knew in particular was in 'Das Reich'. He was a great bloke, but we all know what that division did when advancing to Normandy. The person you see now is hardly ever the same as the person from years ago.

dave34
    ?

Exclamation Re: Is it me, or is this in really bad taste?

Just saw this today

Danish/Chilean "artist" Marco Evarisitti Supposedly bought a jar of goldteeth from an old austrian collector.

Marco then, in order for all of us to remember, made this gold plated model of you know what entrance.

Directly above the entrance theres a clock made with a rolex disc, just so that we don't forget swiss part in this whole ordeal.

The transport car supposedly holds some of the teeth, carved into skulls.

It's on exhibit on jan. 27, at Nikolaj Plads 10 Copenhagen Denmark, to celebrate holocaust day!

Heres a link in english about this "artist"
    Danish Hollywood-Holocaust: Macabre Auschwitz exhibition made of Jewish tooth gold Balder Blog
    Attached Images Attached Images

3mk
    ?

I really wonder what he was thinking...
    To me that is wrong in so many ways..

dave34
    ?

Totally agree..this it vulgar beyond belief
    Have a suspicion that it's a hoax thou..but even then it's still gross.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3mk
    ?

Hopefully its a hoax,but still a sick 1 for a artist to make it up.I think hes only doing this for the money,last time i checked the trains that entered the camp didnt look like that

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast