MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Medal ribbons

Article about: Hello All, Can anyone recommend a good supplier of medal ribbons? I'm starting a small medal collection to supplement my main militaria collection, and to replace the fakes I've already boug

Default Medal ribbons

Hello All,
    Can anyone recommend a good supplier of medal ribbons? I'm starting a small medal collection to supplement my main militaria collection, and to replace the fakes I've already bought in error before the forum helped me identify them as such. The fakes can act as stopgaps in the meantime.

I'm also looking for a supplier of matt spray paints in camo colours. My local auto shop has no suitable colours and nothing in matt, I'm thinking of re-spraying my disabled persons electric trike so I can blend in if I can get to a militaria show. Call me bonkers if you like but I enjoy a joke and it's something else to keep me occupied!
    Cheers,
    navyman.

?

Default Re: Medal ribbons

Hi Navyman,
    Cant help you with the medal ribbon suppliers, but you might find a visit to your local model shop worth a visit for the paints, (Humbrol and Revel, as well as a few others do spray cans in suitable matte colours, but they are only small cans)
    I see that you are flagged as being in the Bristol area, Im fairly sure that there is a "ModelZone" out at Cribbs, but check first.
    Hope that this is of some help.
    Ian

Default Re: Medal ribbons

Thank you Jimpy,
    I will get the children to have a look at Cribbs Causway, ( Two young girls, oop's, ladies), they love the huge shops there. Personally I'd rather be back in a submarine than in one of those places!
    All best,
    navyman.