MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Memoirs of German soldiers

Article about: Hey Polski44 have you read that book? I would love to know

Default Re: Memoirs of German soldiers

Yes...I...Me, only eleven years old... But absolutely love militaria and history, Oh!, and thanx for the info about blood red snow!!

mattharnett
    ?

I have Blood Red Snow and have read it several times. Great read. I am now looking for similar books.

?

I am out of my house at work, when i get back, i can submet some book that are realy nice.
    sam

has anyone read "All Quiet On The Eastern Front" its about an SS soldier I read it when I was around 12 and remember it being a great book

Quote by Cobra den Bien Phieu View Post
    has anyone read "All Quiet On The Eastern Front" its about an SS soldier I read it when I was around 12 and remember it being a great book
    A great and famous book it is, but certainly not about an SS soldier. It is set in World War I.

?

It's title is a parody of the WW1 film title "All quiet on the western front" ..

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A great and famous book it is, but certainly not about an SS soldier. It is set in World War I.

kompanie
    ?

Quote by mattharnett View Post
    I have Blood Red Snow and have read it several times. Great read. I am now looking for similar books.
    Berlin dance of death - helmut altner isbn 1-86227-155-0
    twighlight of the gods - thorolf hillblad - isbn 1-874622-16-7
    grenadiers - kurt meyer - isbn 978-0-8117-3197-3
    in deadly combat - gottlob herbert biderman isbn978-070061122-5
    their darkest hour - lawrence rees - isbn978-0-09-191759-3
    This book is short interviews of people in all the theatres of ww2 i felt i needed to read it to try to understand why people commited the crimes they did in ww2 its not trying to find a reason or justify i just wanted to know what these people felt and how they could do it.i also enjoyed backs to berlin a more modern book but brilliant is sniper one by sgt dan mills ,set in iraq.In the process of reading bloody streets battle for berlin a very in depth study of the battle but with a lot of individuals accounts. I hope this helps.
    Chris

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    It's title is a parody of the WW1 film title "All quiet on the western front" ..
    Oh, sorry! Eastern front... I really should have read that post more carefully.

Hey ! its OK HPL2008 I was expecting someone to say that ha ha ha "All quiet on western front" is a great book as well but I would love to know if anyone has read "All quiet on the Eastern Front"
    which also reminds me of another great ww1 book "Johnny got his gun " I should stick to German but that book really got you thinking about war and there was a great twist in the end

Hey ! its OK HPL2008 I was expecting someone to say that ha ha ha "All quiet on western front" is a great book as well but I would love to know if anyone has read "All quiet on the Eastern Front"
    which also reminds me of another great ww1 book "Johnny got his gun " I should stick to German but that book really got you thinking about war and there was a great twist in the end

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast