Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

"In Memory Of Eric Zentner - An Untimely Passing"

Article about: In my deepest tears,,,,I have just received phone call that Eric Zentner has been killed in a car wreck. I recieved this call from his sister....as i am quite shaken. He was working on a 197

image.jpg
    This part hit me pretty hard.
    "To my precious husband, I love you so much. You were my world. I will always love you and keep you in my heart forever. I will see you again in Heaven. Thank you for loving me and always being there for me. Beth."
    I can't even imagine...
    Sounds like she's a strong person though.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    It will be Saturday at 11am central time US. 4pm london time. Wish we could all attend and honor this great human in person.
    I finish work at 4pm so I think it will be straight over the road for a quick drink for Eric at that point. I hope his wife does come and look here and it gives her some tiny comfort to know he was held in such regard by many many people she never knew.

And something I think he may of liked.
    image.jpg

gutted to hear this sad news ,R.I.P eric a true gentleman
    Regards James

?

Very sad news RIP Eric .

Patrick Lewis was kind enough to call me and leave me a voice mail informing me of Eric's untimely passing. When the message was finished I stood in complete shock. Eric and I had shared PM's from time to time and spoke on the phone once, finally meeting at this years SOS. I wish we had conversed more during the show but in the short amount of time I spent in his presence I just knew Eric was a true gentleman. Several of us spent Friday night at a local restaurant where we ate and shared some brews before parting ways for the night. Before heading to the Crowne Plaza for some more drinks, Eric and I shook hands as he was heading back to the hotel to turn in for the night. We bid farewell and that was the first and last time Eric and I ever met. Now, I wish he had stayed out with us just a little bit longer. The SOS will not be the same without him. For his loving wife, Beth, I can think of only one phrase that comes to mind, a quote from Dr. Seuss:

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

These sudden and tragic deaths always remind me of the reconstructed letter from Major Sullivan Ballou to his wife, Sarah, a week before he was killed at the First Battle of Bull Run (1861)

"But, O Sarah! If the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen around those they loved, I shall always be near you; in the brightest day and in the darkest night—amidst your happiest scenes and gloomiest hours—always, always; and if there be a soft breeze upon your cheek, it shall be my breath; or the cool air fans your throbbing temple, it shall be my spirit passing by.

Sarah, do not mourn me dead; think I am gone and wait for me, for we shall meet again."

Perhaps these words will provide Beth some comfort in a time of mourning.

Rest easy, Eric.

?

Terrible news. May he rest in peace knowing he is missed by many who knew him well and those who just did not have enough time to say they did. I will miss his presence here ... May his family and friends remember the happiness of his very existence while he was with them here on earth.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    It will be Saturday at 11am central time US. 4pm london time. Wish we could all attend and honor this great human in person.
    It will be 1am Sunday morning here on the east coast of Australia. I have raised a toast to his memory this evening, 6 hours early.

I know it states the actual, but can a moderator possibly change the thread title now to something like " In memory of our friend, Eric Zentner, gone but not forgotten" .... or something similar, to celebrate his life and not the untimeliness of his passing.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I know it states the actual, but can a moderator possibly change the thread title now to something like " In memory of our friend, Eric Zentner, gone but not forgotten" .... or something similar, to celebrate his life and not the untimeliness of his passing.
    I second Dan's comments, but I would like to make a humble suggestion to the administrators that goes beyond that:

Perhaps it would be appropriate to create an "In Memoriam" sub-forum of the "Discussions" section. Prior to the loss of Eric, we had lost other members and, I fear, will lose others still in the future.

Memorial threads such as this one could be moved to said section, so as to create a permanent, instantly accessible virtual place to commemorate our deceased members.

In a bitter irony of fate, to my knowledge, the last such thread - commemorating Rudolf Karl Ilmberger - had been started by Eric himself.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I second Dan's comments, but I would like to make a humble suggestion to the administrators that goes beyond that:

Perhaps it would be appropriate to create an "In Memoriam" sub-forum of the "Discussions" section. Prior to the loss of Eric, we had lost other members and, I fear, will lose others still in the future.

Memorial threads such as this one could be moved to said section, so as to create a permanent, instantly accessible virtual place to commemorate our deceased members.

In a bitter irony of fate, to my knowledge, the last such thread - commemorating Rudolf Karl Ilmberger - had been started by Eric himself.
    Well said sir!....

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast