Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

"In Memory Of Eric Zentner - An Untimely Passing"

Article about: In my deepest tears,,,,I have just received phone call that Eric Zentner has been killed in a car wreck. I recieved this call from his sister....as i am quite shaken. He was working on a 197

Very moving to see you here Mrs Zentner.
    It makes this place so real,i mean,this is no more the internet,this is like family friendship.
    You know ,Eric offered me a Beach boys shirt,and since this doomed day,i don't wear it to keep it like a meorabilia of his kindness.
    I made a pic of me the day i received it,in order to show to your great man,how it fitted me well....
    Bye Miss.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beth, all the best to you and thanks for coming onto the WRF-forum.
    Great you took this step!

naamloos beth.png naamloos beth1.png

Best regards from the Netherlands,
    Wilhelm Saris

?

Beth, thankyou for viewing the many comments that have been posted since Erics tragic passing, i dont think any more words can describe the high regard in which Eric was held, and the respect that he gained through his time here, he was a gentleman in the true sense of the word, that respect is now passed to you for the courage you have shown by coming here and talking to us. This forum forms an international friendship like no other and you can be assured that Eric was a very big part of it.
    God bless you and all our thoughts and prayers go with you at this sad time.
    Dave

Quote by davejb View Post
    Beth, thankyou for viewing the many comments that have been posted since Erics tragic passing, i dont think any more words can describe the high regard in which Eric was held, and the respect that he gained through his time here, he was a gentleman in the true sense of the word, that respect is now passed to you for the courage you have shown by coming here and talking to us. This forum forms an international friendship like no other and you can be assured that Eric was a very big part of it.
    God bless you and all our thoughts and prayers go with you at this sad time.
    Dave
    Dave penned the words we all want to say Beth.
    Sincerely, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hello Beth.
    Words are never enough to express the pain we feel from the tragic loss of Eric.
    It is comforting for me to see you here on the forum. As others have said we hope you know how well respected and well thought of Eric was. The world is a better place for Eric having been here. He truly was a good man. Those of us that have known him will miss him.
    I hope you can feel some sort of solace knowing how much he was well thought of through his kindness to others and his sharing of his knowledge in this passion of ours for old military stuff.
    He will live on in our memories as a kind, gracious human being.
    My sincere respect Mam. God bless you.
    Steve Ray

?

I can't believe this....DAMN!! So very sorry Beth. You and your husband hold a special place in my heart. I know you and I only talked once when you were trying to help me use skype to talk to Eric on my iPad but just that was enough to know you are very kind and loving and Eric was a very lucky man to have had you in his life and he said nothing but good things about you.

Eric was a very good friend of mine. I met him on the forum shortly after I joined a few years back and we started talking on the phone almost a year ago. Beth, I'm sure you remember us talking for a few hours at a time, sometimes until 4:00am! It seems like we just talked a few days ago but it's been around two weeks now..

Not that long ago, he brought up the idea that, " If one of us kicks the bucket" , the other would go on the forum and make a thread letting everybody here, "the family" know what happened. It was shortly after his good friend Rudy , a fellow member passed away. I can't believe I only just saw this news now...I'm sorry I didn't keep my end of the deal,Eric. I'm glad Larry did, though...thanks Larry, I'm sorry I had to even say that at all.

I'll never forget how we started talking offline...
    I was reading the thread: "what's the oldest item in your collection?" And I commented about the arrowheads he posted. He PM'd me and asked what my address was so he could send me some of the arrowheads he found himself on the property... I still have them next to me in the drawer of my desk. We sent each other Christmas cards and exchanged gifts, he sent me a nice EK ribbon and I sent him a Luftwaffe sleeve chevron. We would always talk about firearms and of course TR Militaria!

He was always trying to get me to come out to Missouri and stay with him , Beth and princess and go shooting together. He loved the Mosin he modified to take a scope . He said how he bagged deer with it and wanted to send me some steaks but he already gave it away to friends, I think fellow members got some.. Just another example of what a selfless, generous person he was. I griped about the cost of bus fair to go there as I was and still am barely scraping by but I really regret not finding a way to have seen him in person. If I would have known he was leaving us, I would have hitch-hiked out there! He used to alway pester me to sell my Panzer beret to him or trade it for that SS fez he had, but I always turned him down! We shared many of the same interests as myself and was a kindred spirit in this world. I will never forget him and I know others who's lives he touched on and off the forum won't ever forget him either.

I love and miss "B-S 'ing" with you Eric, my comrade , my brother. We will meet again.

My heart goes out to Beth, Princess and the rest of the family. If Beth or anyone here on the forum who knew him wants to talk to someone, you can call me at home: PM for my number

R.I.P. Eric Zentner

Love and respect,
    -Dean Lawson family
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CARL; 06-26-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Dear Mrs. Zentner, I, and as you can see from the other posts, we all, enjoyed Eric's company on this forum. He will be missed. Please accept my condolences on your terrible loss. Jim G.

Dearest Beth and family, thank you for coming here on the forum at this most painful of times and talking with us. I loved talking with Eric through this forum about our mutual interests, and as you can see by all the love poured out here for Eric, so did so many others. I am praying for you all as a family that you will feel GOD's peace at this time. I know that the pain we feel here on the forum is insignificant compared to yours, but it is still hard and your gracious words to us are a most appreciated. Love and GOD bless, Leon.

?

Leon Says it all really...Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Leon Says it all really...Terry.
    Agreed Terry. Well said Leon.
    It's hard for me to say what I feel but Leons comment is so very close.

Dave

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast