Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Merry Xmas from Tasmania

Article about: Ralph let me know if you need a deal on snow tires. My driveway looks about the same LOL.

?

Default Re: Merry Xmas from Tasmania

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Thats a great couple of photos Ralph! That is what I like about our forum, we really are from the four corners of the world! I just popped out the back and took this pic, quite a contrast to yours mate!
    Took a trip over to the Abrolhos Islands over the weekend. Nice and warm over there!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a nice mack you've got there mate! The tunas not bad either. I love the Abrolhos mate, I've been there a couple of times and hopefully will get back there in the not to distant future.

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    That's a nice mack you've got there mate! The tunas not bad either. I love the Abrolhos mate, I've been there a couple of times and hopefully will get back there in the not to distant future.
    Aye Dave thanks! I caught them on my beloved Okuma reel on 30lb braid. Problem is I hate the taste of fish and don't eat it!

I'm told the macky and tuna was exceptional fare, according to my family I also caught about 6 Pink snapper as well.

We stayed out for 2 nights. I camped in one of the old forts on Pelsart island on the second night, was much warmer but the sea birds never shut up the whole night! very annoying. .

Great stuff mate, I'll have the pinkies any day if you don't eat them!lol I've been out to West Wallaby, what an experience it was landing in a small plane on that corrugated dirt strip, seeing the pilot desperately trying to stop the plane before it fell into the sea on the other side of the island! Taking off was pretty exciting also!

?

The Abrolhos is a world of it's own bro, when was the last time you were out there?

I've got some cryo vacced pinkie fillets that I'd love to send to you Dave, but don't think they'd survive transit to Perth

My step-family is deeply ingrained in Abrolhos fishing history, so I'm very lucky to be able to tap into that local knowledge in that regard.

The last time I was there was about 7 years ago, I took a mate from Melbourne out there. I love the history of the islands, particularly the Batavia story, it's absolutely riveting stuff! I used to head through your backyard every second week on my way to Exmouth when I was tour guiding. I'm starting to get ichy feet again, might soon be time to get back to guiding. I'll be back in Shark Bay doing a bit of fishing in a few months time but I might take a run to Kalbarri in three or four weeks to try out the new
    landrover.

I'd better stop taking over Dave's thread, sorry Dave!

Just started a new thread mate, we can chat about the mid west there if you like.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6