Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Midway - "The Movie"

Article about: I fully expect scathing reviews just from watching the trailer. Was even thinking they should have titles it "Pearl Harbor - Part Two"... But here is the first official review I ha

?

I don't know if I even want to read that link after the you ruined it for me the first time!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

We were at Duxford IWM yesterday (there’ll be a visit report) but there was a promotional artic / semi parked outside with pretty young promotional staff, smoke machines and a huge promotional photo opp....all Midway branded..

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I don't know if I even want to read that link after the you ruined it for me the first time!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Sure....blame me. The link actually pans the '76 movie and says the first one in '44 (ish) was more propaganda. If I remember though, they did give higher marks to Tora Tora Tora (which I personally loved along with A Bridge To Far)

Quote by Composite View Post
    We were at Duxford IWM yesterday (there’ll be a visit report) but there was a promotional artic / semi parked outside with pretty young promotional staff, smoke machines and a huge promotional photo opp....all Midway branded..
    Now is that "Pretty Young" comment primarily referring to them being "Young" or to them being "Pretty" LoL I'm assuming the later and await your "report"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

[QUOTE=MAP;2018935]Sure....blame me. QUOTE]
    Well who started this thread???

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

[QUOTE=AZPhil;2018937]
    Quote by MAP View Post
    Sure....blame me. QUOTE]
    Well who started this thread???

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Ah, you misread my "tone" LoL. It was meant to convey: "Yes, blame me". And not "What? Blame me???"

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great article Michael, learnt some interesting facts,regards Paul

MAP
    ?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Great article Michael, learnt some interesting facts,regards Paul
    Thanks Paul. Agree. There were lots of things I didn't realize, like the recycling of other movie footage in the '76 movie.....whoops...there I go, giving it away for Phil.

See Phil! Some others like the article!

?

[QUOTE=MAP;2018952]
    Quote by AZPhil View Post

Ah, you misread my "tone" LoL. It was meant to convey: "Yes, blame me". And not "What? Blame me???"
    Yeah I'm Tone Blind!!!!!In that case, We're Good!!

If the other link is Historical Fact's , Then maybe I'll peruse it

Semper Fi
    Phil

I’m now 100% qualified to comment. I enjoyed it...no soppy sh*t, considerable effort to stay factual (by movie standards) and OK CGI which got better....ironically the worst example of CGI was of a graveyard and not a battle fleet at sea!

If you want something else watch a documentary or read a book.

MAP
    ?

So ...the moral of this story is??

Don't believe the critics? Here I tossed this in the trash can but looks like I was wrong?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast