Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Midway - "The Movie"

Article about: I fully expect scathing reviews just from watching the trailer. Was even thinking they should have titles it "Pearl Harbor - Part Two"... But here is the first official review I ha

MAP
    ?

Default Midway - "The Movie"

I fully expect scathing reviews just from watching the trailer. Was even thinking they should have titled it "Pearl Harbor - Part Two"...

But here is the first official review I have seen

It is exactly as I expected

Review: '''Midway''' turns the WW II battle into a cartoon

Although I have not seen the new movie yet...i always wondered how can you top a movie like Tora Tora Tora!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I read the same review Michael - it does not look good.

I believe there are a lot of great American made war films, but i think this may be in the same category as 'Pearl Harbor' - not one of the classics.
    I'll still watch it of course, but probably not in the cinema.

Nick

MAP
    ?

Pearl Harbor was horrific. So bad I turned it off halfway through. This I think will be in the same vein.

I like the analogy to Independence Day in the review. That movie was enjoyable because is was so silly.

Just watching the trailer to Midway was painful. And those are normally the highlights of a movie!!!!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

For what it's worth, it couldn't possibly be as bad as Pearl Harbor, but I don't know if I'll go see it theatrically. (Probably not.)

Must say, I have followed Roland Emmerich's career from when I was a teenager and he first set out as a promising young director in Germany in the 1980s (making genre movies that looked great despite being made on the tiniest budgets), but I'm afraid he's long since gone past his zenith.

Films like Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow and 2012 were all still entertaining enough, but shallow and forgettable at that, but Independence Day:Resurgence was an unwatchable mess, and I say that as someone who loved the first one.
    (So much so that I dragged my reluctant wife to the cinema for the sequel. Hey, it's a sequel to ID4, made by the same director and with several members of the original cast returning, so how can we miss it? When the lights came back on, she was like "So, you really think that was worth the price of admission, do you?" Oh, how I hate it when she does that... )

MAP
    ?

Lol I liked ID4 as well. it was fun because it was campy with a high budget. I never saw ID4 Resurgence as the reviews were so bad.

Could not agree more on Pearl Harbor.....painful.

I heard that they packed pearl harbor, the Doolittle raid, and the Midway battle in a 2hr 10min movie. Doesn't seem too much time left over for dialogue.

Oh dear the review does look bad, I'm off to see it next week. Hopefully 1917 will prove to be better. thanks for posting the review, Paul

MAP
    ?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    I heard that they packed pearl harbor, the Doolittle raid, and the Midway battle in a 2hr 10min movie. Doesn't seem too much time left over for dialogue.
    Well based on the review, looks like most of the dialog are shallow one liners.

- - ------- - -

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Oh dear the review does look bad, I'm off to see it next week. Hopefully 1917 will prove to be better. thanks for posting the review, Paul
    1917 is a movie I really want to see. Hopefully the reviews were good

I saw the original "Midway" back in 1976 (in Sensurround!) and thought that was bad--I hold out even less hope for this CGI nightmare....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

It'll really be interesting how they handle the experiences of Ensign George Gay.

Ensign George H. Gay's Fateful Day, June 4, 1942 | The Sextant

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast