Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Mikhail Kalashnikov dies at 94

Article about: http://rt.com/news/kalashnikov-dies-inventor-ak-47-887/

I got to meet him once a long time ago (21 years) at a trade show. Got to talk to him through an Interrupter. He stated he "designed this weapon to help his country fight the Invading Armies". For what he was referring too is beyond me, unless he was talking about the Germans??? He looked very old then.. I didn't ask why his Design looked a lot like the MP44. May he RIP...
    The reason every Terrorist group and crack pot in the world use these inherently inaccurate firearms is they are idot proof and cheap to build. 5 Minutes of how to load and unload and where the safety is and you can spray and pray like the rest of them.
    just my thoughts...

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

RIP.

The man was a genius of weapons design. His talet was to take good aspects from different weapons and role them into one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Large scale war in the 20th century was an industrial process and the AK was a true industrial product-as to invaders, the Russians/Soviets have had the French (twice), Germans (twice), British (twice), Japanese (thrice), USA and assorted minor Axis allies as uninvited 'guests' over the last 2 centuries or so...

?

How the Worlds leading news station manages to both pronounce AND spell his name as 'Kalishnikov' I will never fathom.

?

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    I got to meet him once a long time ago (21 years) at a trade show. Got to talk to him through an Interrupter. He stated he "designed this weapon to help his country fight the Invading Armies". For what he was referring too is beyond me, unless he was talking about the Germans??? He looked very old then.. I didn't ask why his Design looked a lot like the MP44. May he RIP...
    MK stated that he intended for the weapon to 'protect the borders of Russia' i.e. against ANY invader.

But no doubt the horrors of Op Barbarossa was deeply ingrained in him - especially as he lived through WWII and was wounded in Bryansk during the War.

At 94, I would think not.

?

From that link:

Some fans have expressed anger at the fake report saying it was reckless, distressing and hurtful to fans of the much loved soldier. Others say this shows his extreme popularity across the globe .

................Okaaaaaaaayy.....!?

you can certainly see echoes of the Sturmgewehr 44 assault rifle in the kalashnikov's designGERGSTG44.jpg

BBC News - AK47 assault rifle designer Kalashnikov dies at 94

Hi James, while the layout is similar, the bolt etc is completely different. Many people foolishly beleive he "copied" the MP44.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast