Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Is this militaria?

Article about: Hi All This is coming up in a local militaria auction, whilst its intetesting! I eouldnt really call it militaria. What are your thoughts? Sealed With The Love of a World War One Poppy - 09/

Reg
    ?

Default Is this militaria?

Hi All

This is coming up in a local militaria auction, whilst its intetesting! I eouldnt really call it militaria. What are your thoughts?

Sealed With The Love of a World War One Poppy - 09/04/2014

A soldier's personal letters home are certainly considered "Militaria"... I have a letter from Stalingrad in my collection and it's one of my most prized pieces...
    cheers, Glenn

Yes Militaria, with the paper of the A.E.F.!
    But I see nothing to find the soldier.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Reg
    ?

Yes, there are no units, names, dates etc... But I suppose it might have been sensible not to give any info out...

Certainly an interesting and poignant item of WWI ephemera. I have some WWII letters and WWI postcards, though none with a poppy so not comparable, but always an adjunct to any collection and the sort of item I would buy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Paperwork

Ephemera from the war is a very interesting subject to study. I have an autograph book in my collection which was once the property of a V.A.D nurse in WW1. Nurse Doris Allistone invited her patients to write inside.

The most interesting one is probably the well-known poem of that period... 'Twas only a slight flirtation.' The soldier who wrote it in included all his details. I have yet to do some research on him to see what became of him...

Nurse Doris Allistone_0001.jpgNurse Doris Allistone_0002.jpgNurse Doris Allistone_0003.jpgNurse Doris Allistone_0004.jpgNurse Doris Allistone_0005.jpgNurse Doris Allistone_0006.jpg